Sign in to follow this  
Ken Pryor

Best operating system

Guest shaunm

Hi All At the moment i am running FS2K2 under win98SE. I was thinking of upgrading to XP. Will flight sim run any better or worse. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Shaun

How much ram do you have? XP tends to have a slight decrease on framerates, but it is overall much more stable than any of the win98, me versions. Since I upgraded to XP, I can actually leave my computer on for days without having to reboot all the time. My old Windows ME system would basically need a reboot practically every few hours. XP seems to take up a lot of ram. I originally had 256 and had some performance issues. Once I upgraded to 512 mb things are so much better. Also, before you choose, make sure you check all your hardware for XP compatibility. Don't just assume your devices will work under XP.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I am running FS under XP Pro with a P III/800 and 384mb ram. It runs very well most of the time and I have found XP to be much more stable overall than ME was. I never ran FS under ME, so I can't give you a direct comparison, but I am not having any problems with XP.KP