Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

favorite single engine?

There's a Lancair Columbia out that can fly at a fairly good clip... Right around 180kts....Take a peek in the file library...-John

There's an excellent Piper Arrow III in the file library. There's also a patch but I think the patch can only be found on flightsim.com.It looks great, flies good (if you turn down the sensitivity of the yoke/stick), and it has a VC. It's pretty fast in the cruise, though I don't remember the specs.I also strongly recommend the Debonair. Great flight dynamics and now it comes with an excellent VC as well. One of the best freeware GA planes, heck it's better than almost all payware GA planes too :D

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

There is a lancair out on this site? what sim is it for? e-mail me bjrcom@nycap.rr.com

Guest cw1011

The Flight 1 Meridian is an outstanding Turbo single. Also comes with an oustainding Garmin GPS so you'll know where you go down if you run out of gas! The Commander C115 is also excellent - nice fast, very easy to fly little airplane.

I'd say Dreamfleet's Cardinal Turbo RG.... Or, if you can find it, there's a great Velocity XL that was released for FS2000.... It's an excellent single for this task as well...-John

I would defnintely SECOND the F1 Piper Meridian. Honestly at this point in 2003, the most excellent of any payware aircraft available .. commercial jet, regional or GA ... the Garmin 530 is quite an awesome experience and the Meridian will fly 180 easily enough. You cannot go wrong with this aircraft ...!!!

Guest ucanfly

There is a socata trinidad TB20 that is available freeware as well, with alot of documentation to match.

Guest UweR

Hi, if you ake for my favourite single engine that

I read an interesting pirep on the Cardinal Turbo RG.... In the higher altitudes (O^2 required), groundspeeds of 160-170KTS are commonly recorded.... Pretty good going.Carenado's Bonanza V35 looks like another good one. I think their V35 looks great. I don't have it, but I've always loved the V-Tail's looks--it just looks fast. And how could I forget Geof's Debonair!

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Cirrus SR20. Cruises at 160 knts (3/4 throttle); just recently released and only available from the FlightSim.com library.

Guest gasebah

Guys,I cannot believe that the SIAI Marchetti from Realairsimulations didn't come up (unless I overlooked it). That would be my No.1 pick without hesitation. It has the most amazing flight dynamics to date in FS2K2.Alex

>Guys,>>I cannot believe that the SIAI Marchetti from>Realairsimulations didn't come up (unless I overlooked it).>That would be my No.1 pick without hesitation. It has the most>amazing flight dynamics to date in FS2K2.>It did briefly in reply #7. I'd go along with this one also. In addition to it's excellent flight dynamics, it has the requested speed, and I just happen to prefer sliding canopies.L.Adamson

Guest SoarPics

If I'm going high and want style and luxury, then the F1 Meridian. If I'm going low and want to have some aerobatic fun, then the RealAir SIAI Marchetti.