Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

favorite single engine?

Im putting together a replica of two individuals flight from Buffalo to Fairbanks in a light single engine aircraft. They did it in a Cessna 172 averaging 94 knots heading west. Well, Im impatient. Name your favorite light single that will average 130-180 knots.Cas

Well the freeware Cessna 182s by Rob Young http://www.realairsimulations.com/ is great. Payware you can't go wrong with either of Dreamfleets planes:http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/They have a Cessna 177 and a Piper Archer II. FSD's Commander 115 is also excellent:http://www.fsd-international.com/If you can, post your flightplan, I'd be interested in trying it sometime.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

The 182's,177's and the smaller PA's are at the low end of the speed scale. Any others'?

The 115 should be better then. The cruise speed should is much higher (I can't remember it exactly off hand).

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Richard_H

Agree entirely, but I would have to add Geoff and James

Guest Tim13

That would have to be the A36 Bonanza.Fast and luxurious.Tim13

I'd go for the Commander, fast turbo!SF260 as well, but don't think you could get all the gear in that little thing ;-)

Especially since Canada requires you to take a shotgun as part of a survival kit.Cas

I didn't need to know your favorite, I already knew that one.Cas

I guess the Saratoga's, Malibu's, Beaver's, Pilatus, aren't on people's favorite lists?

Guest Heather 636

For a flight like that, if in no hurry, a Dehavilland Beaver on floats; in consideration of the terrain I'm going to be flying into. Also nice and roomy in the aft cabin for sleeping bags if I want to save on hotel bills. can also sit on the float and go fishing if i want to save on restaurant bills too. ;)If that isn't good enough, it's just my favorite single engine aircraft with a radial; GOT to have a radial!!Cheers!Heather