Sign in to follow this  

Creative GeForce Ti4600

Guest Bud

I'm thinking of getting a Creative Ge Ti4600 as my next card. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I would want it to run two monitors. I understand that it may be possible to connect a second monitor to the DVI output but is this a direct connection, or is it thro' some sort of converter or is there some other means of doing what I want. Thanks for any help.Bud

Hi Bud!I have a Leadtek Geforce 4 Ti4400 and i have also a dvi output on my graphic card i asked around in local computers stores because i hade the same question u hade before i got my graphic card.They tolde there is a converter that u can make dvi to a svga output instead but they said that although i use the converter it isnt possible to use both monitors in the same time so it isnt possible to use 2 monitors.So i am currently looking for a pci card that i can use for my second monitor.Anders

Don't know why they told you that or if it's something specific with your video card.I have a Gainward GF4 Ti4200 with the VGA and DVI connectors. Comes with a DVI-VGA adapter (or you can buy one at a computer place for about $15) and it does indeed run dual monitors using Nvidia's Nview technology. Works great!

I haven't tried that yet, since I already had a PCI card for my second monitor.I wonder if there is an advantage one way or the other. I suspect that have a second card to take the "load" of the additional graphics would help frame rates.Anybody know if that's true?Wilson

My framerates don't seem to suffer at all when using the second monitor. I only use it for placing auxiliary panels such as throttle quadrant, radio stack, gps etc so there isn't any 3D modeling going on over there.

Yeah, I do the same. I run FSFlightmax, FSNavigator, the radio stack and gps for the 421C on my second display. Makes a nice package.It would be interesting to try it both ways. I'll give it shot this weekend, if I get a chance, and report back.Wilson

Guest B52Drivr

All,I have the VisionTek ti4600 and use three monitors with an additional PCI card. The DVI to SVGA adaptor is common and easy to find, and all three monitors work very well on my system.Regards,Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Can the second monitor be a different (lower) resolution than the primary display?

Bert

Let me be more specific... assuming my primary display is 1280x960x32,can the secondary display be running 800x600x32 and is this defined in the FS Options/settings/display/hardware page, separately for each display?

Bert

Hi All!I got before the answer that it wouldnt work like i posted before.I Contacted another Computer store that i missed to ask and after i asked some questions and so on i got the answer that it did defently work to use a converter so i get to use 2 monitors at same time.So i have now ordered a converter for my Leadtek Geforce 4 Ti 4400and reciving it on monday ;):-jumpyI would like to say thank u to clayton and nramsey and all for helping us out :)Anders

Yes. I have a 19" running 1280x1024 and a 17" running 1024x768. Works fine. Only issue is that when moving the undocked panels (throttle, radio, whatever) to the second monitor they appear pretty big because of the res difference, so I have to grab a corner of it's window and shrink them down a little. Not a big deal at all.

No problem :) Let us know how it works for you!

Sounds pretty neat... I've got to try that!I've got several old monitors gathering dust and the GF4 card came with a VGA converter for the DVI port.

Bert