Sign in to follow this  

Announcing ActiveSky 2002 v1.3

v1.3 has been released! Thanks to all the beta testers and users who helped bring this continously growing add-on to where it is today! ss-prog1.jpg------------------------------------------------------------------Introducing ActiveSky 2002 v1.3!ActiveSky 2002 v1.3 is a FREEWARE live weather environment simulation for FS2002. It now downloads live METAR >AND< FD winds aloft automatically and intelligently represents the weather in FS2002, based on many options that you can configure. Includes VATSIM network support, configurable update intervals, custom METAR report capability, destination awareness for accurate ATIS reports, and many more features! ActiveSky 2002 v1.3 is sure to enhance your flight simulation experience by bringing you accurate and visual weather as it is in the real world!Download ActiveSky 2002 v1.3 from http://members.cox.net/dzc66Enjoy everyone!-Damian Clark

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

This Version: 1.3Revision Log (fixed or added since last version):Date By Program Area Description10/10 DC -RELEASE- Release v1.310/10 DC METAR PARSER Fixed problem with visibility processing when in meters10/9 DC DATA FILES Winds aloft data file updated for all continental US reporting ports including Alaska10/9 DC -RELEASE- Release v1.3b1 BETA TEST10/9 DC WINDS ALOFT New US live Winds Aloft Download! More countries and oceanic areas will be included soon.10/9 DC WINDS ALOFT Winds aloft simulation (if enabled) will take over if out of range (500mi) of an FD station or if you are using FORCE and the forced station is in range (to aid in proper atis wind direction and ATC instructions).10/9 DC METAR D/L Added VATSIM METAR download option!10/9 DC INTERFACE Added configurable intervals for METAR and WINDS ALOFT download and processing updates (in-flight variable processing still occurs every 5 seconds)10/9 DC INTERFACE Added "Update on New Station" option which is always defaulted on but when checked off will leave your METAR updates strictly to the METAR interval or if the METAR station is updated10/9 DC INTERFACE Added REFRESH buttons for METAR and WINDS ALOFT. You can now update at any time. 10/9 DC WINDS SIM Uppper wind speeds now more realistic10/9 DC METAR PARSER Fixed problem with fractional visibilities (with whole AND fractional values)10/8 DC -RELEASE- v1.2 RELEASED

Damian Clark

Hi Ken!I will get plenty of sleep when I am dead... :)Just kidding... I get plenty of sleep now! I'm just dedicated!-Damian

Damian Clark

Guest dek

***FANTASTIC***"addon of the year" justs keeps gettin' better!Thanks, dek

It's really a cool program....and only ONE point missing:You need to smoothen the transition from one weather area to another. Sudden changes in the barometric pressure can cause airspeed to jump abbruptly and can crash the aircraft.Thanks for the great prog.-Uwe-

Hi Uwe,You can smooth out barometric and wind changes using FSUIPC. ActiveSky is designed to run great with these 'smoothing' options enabled and it makes it much better.Intelligent transitions (for all variables, including cloud layers) are in the works for ActiveSky 2002 v2.0. Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark

I don't seem to be able to have any winds. If surface winds is 0 kt, I will not get any winds aloft. Any idea? I checked the box for winds aloft.Thanks!

I had a little time to try out v1.3 last night and am very happy with it. Excellent work Damian :)KP

Hi, can you provide more information please? Where are you flying out of, at what altitude(s), and can you give me a screenshot of main and runtime screens when this happens? Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark

Hello Damain,I'm not sure what screenshots you are looking for. Could you elaborate and I'll be most glad to post them here.I found that I have the same winds all over asia when I fly at FL 360. Not sure about other levels, haven't climbed further up but the winds seemed to be 070 at 13 all the way for my 8 hours flight. Clouds seem the same from departure too but the stations are always changes once in a while when i fly. And if I am at an airport which has no wind at that moment, I don't seem to get any winds (it'll be all calm up above). For example, Mumbai int.Thanks!