Sign in to follow this  

Extra Money, What Do I Buy?

While I don't own any payware GA either, I am going to be buying the Realair SF260 this evening. The ability to fly IFR, xcountry, do aerobatics, and spin has great appeal to me. I have also heard great things about the Dreamfleet Cardinal and Archer but haven't purchased either.

For GA, theres many ways to go!Personally I'd say to go with anything FSD, nothing but the best from those guys. If you're up to waiting and the money isn't burning a hole in your pocket, you could wait a few weeks for the Seneca which is bound to be killer. If it is an urgent thing to spend that cash, go for any of their three current choices, they're all winners.As far as other choices (non FSD), I own and love the DF Archer II. I have considered giving the RealAir Sf.260 a try, but generally aerobatic aircraft tend to wear out quite quickly with me, and for $25.00 i'm not up for that risk. However, if you do want to go aerobatic I would suggest Bill Lyons Custom Classics Waco, its only $12.50 and is one of the most stunning models out there, plus it brings a real challenge to stunts. Also, the Custom Classics Tiger Moth is stunning as well.If you don't want to go wholley for aircraft, you could always go for either FSFlightMax or Reality XP's Apollo line avionics, both are extremely functional, and I dont fly GA without either.My last suggestion would be one of the Carenado Bonanza's, just because they're Bonanza's and they are pretty good looking. I also own the Flight1 Cessna 421 which is quite fun to fly, the panel is really nice when you get used to it, however if you wait their Meridian should also be coming soon, which will most likely surpass the C421 (since it has the RealityXP avionics).Other than that, all I can say is that most of the GA add-ons out there are worth the money, though i've voiced my opinions about the best in my opinion.

Get the SF.260 or the DF Cardinal. The SF.260 is NOT just an aerobatic aircraft - it makes a perfectly fine fast VFR/IFR cruiser as well.The DF Cardinal is awesome as well - the GPS is amazing, as is the flight model.You won't be disapointed with either plane...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Dakota

For GA, I love the Cessna 421 by FSD. I fly it more then any other plane.

Her's what I've paid for, in order of preference:1. Cessna 4212. SF.2603. FSD Commander 115CEThese are all great airplanes. Also, someone is coming out with a Piper Meridian (single engine turbine) soon which should also be good.I'm sure the Dreamfleet Archer is great but I have spent enough time in the real airplane to want to fly something else in Sim-Land 8^) . IOW, I want something faster, and the 421 delivers on that point.I'd like to also recommend a freeware aircraft - it's not even a real airplane and it's a jet, but it always springs to mind when I see this type of query: the Waterbird Frigate Amphibian BizJet. It floats, it has wheels, it has a glass cockpit, it's real fast, it's fun to fly. It can be found on this page: http://greenmtnflightsim.homestead.com/2002.htmlI can practically guarantee that if you install this aircraft, take off from LAX, and do some landings in the water just off the coast, you will have quite a bit of simming fun.cheers,Dave BlevinsKRHV

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Go with the DF Archer!It is the best overall package (if you like 2D panels)If you like VC panels better and/or if you have money left over.. the SF260 Third, the Cardinal.

Bert

> Custom sounds are a must. Then the SF260! An added bonus is the "wind" sounds when doing manuvers such as a side or foward slip.I also have the C421, Dreamfleet Archer, Cardinal, and FSD Cheyenne. They're all favorites depending on the mood.L.Adamson

HI Scott,"I have considered giving the RealAir Sf.260 a try, but generally aerobatic aircraft tend to wear out quite quickly with me"Aghhhh!!!!! Scott! The SF260 is NOT per se an aerobatic aircraft. It is a high performance tourer and cruiser and will in fact cruise in FS2002 with complete stability, hands off, up to 15,000 feet or even higher. It just happens that it also is fully aerobatic, but is also a highly competent IFR and training platform, with a dedicated IFR panel for the job.Kind Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Guest Dakota

Buy the new Carenado Piper Archer II. That way you can come back and tell us if it is any good. :-lol

:-lolI doubt it compares to the DF archer, though...