Sign in to follow this  

GoFlight GF-45

Hi AllIm getting ready to order some goFlight stuff and am not sure if I should get the GF-45. I plan on getting the radios and the toggle switch module but wasnt sure about this one. Can someone give me some input on this one if you have it and what you are using it for. I probably could use it for a transponder but just was not sure since I would have radios and the new autopilot, what else could it be used for besides a transponder? If I understood correctly on an article it seems you can maybe control it via one of the t-8's or P-8's ??RegardsBobG

If you get one or more of the GF-166 I don't think you'll need the 45. The 45s came out first. The 166s look more realistic so I'd stick with those.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Guest Dakota

I really like my 4 GF-166s for a full radio stack. I use them with the GF-P8 to be able to use them as com radios, nav radios, adf, and transpander. by pushing the button you can change the function easily during your flight. I love them for the sense of realism for for my desktop simulator. I sure beats clicking little tiny buttons on your screen with a mouse.

I have two GF-166's and use them as Nav 1 and Nav 2. I have one GF-45 and use it for the autopilot readout with the GF-P8. It's pretty cool.Larry

Larry:With the latest software update (available free on the website) you can use the white buttons on the GF-166 to toggle the function of the LEDS between NAV 1 and NAV 2 radios, so you can free up your second GF-166 to work as a COM radio and do the same thing with that unit. Now it's possible to have NAV 1, NAV 2, COM 1 and COM 2, all with the standby frequencies, with just two GF-166's. Check it out.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Bob:Depends on what you like to fly. I fly airliners, so I use two GF-166's (see my response to Larry's post below) for all my radio functions, the GF-45 programmed for autopilot settings, the GF-P8 to select various autopilot "hold" functions, and the GF-LGT landing gear and flap handles( I love to throw that real handle up and down when extending / retracting the gear and flaps!). This is great stuff, and really does beat the hell out of using the mouse and mouse wheel. This adds a whole new dimension to the virtual cockpits, as you no longer have to worry about "seeing" the autopilot to make adjustments. Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

GoFlight is now taking orders on a new autopilot module. It looks great, but is a bit more pricey than their other stuff at $299.This company is just killing me. There stuff is fantastic, and modular. I keep wanting to add new pieces every month or two (my wife is going to kill me).Cheers,Allen

Hi...I have the follow setup:T8GF166P8GF45LGTAnd just ordered:T8GF166 and 2 P8I found P8 very useful...more than suggested here, you can use one GF166 for NAV1 and NAV2 (via P8) and the 166 left and right buttoms to select OBS for NAV1 and NAV2.The GF45 is useful for altimeter adjust, Gyro/Obs adjust, and mainly for a low cost autopilot, but buy at least one P8 to control the GF45. I bought an aerosoft MCP before goflight released their MCP, so the GF45 in my case is now mainly for instrument settings, ADF and Transponder.I like the LGT, you can live without it, but I like the realism sensation controlling flaps and gear, the trim position still isn

Well, imagine if you had to justify equipment from PFC or Flight Link. That's some $$$$$$! GoFlight, with less expensive and modular units, makes it a possibility to have realism without breaking the bank.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator

Alex,Thanks for the heads-up. Going to download right now and check it out!

Allen,I was ready to jump in and order the module until I saw the price. I'm still thinking about it...Larry

Yep, I have the PFC Mooney Bravo yoke. I would be living in the street, if my wife knew exactly what that cost me 2 years ago :)I would like to see GoFlight produce reasonable throttle quadrant units. I would love to pay about $200 for a good twin-engine throttle quadrant with USB support (PFC does not have the USB support).Cheers,Allen

Im getting it all. Thanks for all your help. Should be here next week as they are holding the shipment until the AutoPilot module and new console rack is ready to ship.Thanks again :-)RegardsBob G

Yeah, it'd be great if GoFlight made yokes and throttles (maybe rudders too?) in a price range between CH and PFC. The guys at GF are from the original Thrustmaster team so they have the expertise.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator