Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

FS Panel Distortions using NVIDA GE2 & antialiasing ON

I have an NVIDIA Geforce 2 TI card using the latest drivers (30.83). When I select antialiasing ON through the MSFS Display, Hardware dialogue, the all instrument panels are distorted. The distortion occurs when the panel is first loaded at start or the aircraft is changed, or when the menu bar is closed or any dialogue box is closed. I can be cleared by right clicking the mouse, which opens the "close panel" selection box. If you right click and close the box without selection, you distortion goes away.The distortion appears as a transparent pinkish-gray rectangle that covers most of the instruments allthough some are not effected. The You also see a slight checkerboard pattern appear that's most noticable over the attitude indicator. If anyone would like to see this, I can attach a screen shot.I've had the antialiasing on before I put the new drivers on and did not have a problem. I had to turn antialiasing off due to performance issues, but after the new drivers were installed I wanted to try again. This is what happened.Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions?Thanks,Rich

The 30.82s are not the latest drivers - try the 40.72s that are on Nvidia's site. (under Detonator 40) Also try reinstalling Direct X.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

This can happen in 16 color mode... try 32 color and see what happens.The latest drivers that did not have this problem in 16 color were the 12.41 drivers..

Bert

The 40.72s gave me problems in other games.. (EAW for example..)Suggest the 40.52 instead! They seem better!

Bert