Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

Launching several applications with one shortcut?

Guest Dominik Mann

I was wondering if there might be a way to have (for example) FS 2002, FSScreen and ActiveSky launch with just one desktop icon. Anybody tried this?Cheers,

Guest Phoenix_7

there is a small utility called FSUIPCRun Optionsif the program you want to start requires FSUIPC to run then it can be auto started when FS2002 startsI use it to run FSMeteo and it works greatDesigned by Jose' Oliveira, it can be found herehttp://www.schiratti.com/files/dowson/FSUIPCRunOptions.zipworth a try?John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Dominik Mann

Thanks, John, I'm going to try this! :D

Guest PhilC

Yes, FSUIPC Run Options works great. Just be sure to read the included text file so that you don't miss out on any of the features.

Would be easy to do with a .bat or .cmd file too :)

Guest PhilC

Let me explain one way that I use FSUIPC Run Options...I execute Run Options and select File, Add.I then browse to my fs_meteo.exe file and select it. It is added to the file list.I double click the listed file and the File Parameters screen pops up. The FSUIPC Parameters available are:HIDE: To hide program if process operates on default settings.KILL: To kill program on FS termination.READY: To launch program only when FS and FSUIPC is ready.Detect If app is running: Avoids starting a program which was already running.I select Kill, Ready and Detect... I want FSMeteo to close on FS termination (this doesn't seem to always work), only launch after FS and FSUIPC are ready (this makes FSMeteo wait until I have selected my airport before it runs, makes it's link with FSUIPC and then updates the weather) and I want FSMeteo to detect if it is already running before it trys to execute a second instance.Be sure to select File, Save and Exit so that Run Options will save your settings. Also, be sure to set your FS2002 path in the Run Options File menu before saving your file.To make FSMeteo automatically make the connection and download the weather you need to start FSMeteo and select the connection you want as the default and then exit FSMeteo. Go to your Windows folder and locate the file named FSmeteo.ini. Edit it and scroll down until you find AutoStart=No, change it to AutoStart=Yes and save the ini file.I never have to Alt+Tab to the desktop to start FSMeteo. It works very good.