Sign in to follow this  

FS2002, 767PIC, and three monitors

Is it possible and/or to use three monitors in FS2002 using such a program as 767PIC with one monitor being the main panel, the second being the overhead board, and the third being the throttle quadrant and what other panel-like displays there are? The Matrox card is out because it won't accept high resolutions when using three monitors, which is limiited to something like 900x600. I was thinking maybe a 4200ti, 4400ti, or 4600ti - all of which have the option of two monitor outs and another good PCI card for the third. If this is possible, how is it done?Thanks,RobbieI am sure that I am not the first who has had this cross his mind.

Sure. As long as you have the monitors configured in your O/S, just undock the panels and drag them to the monitor you wish to use.My setup. I'm using a GF3Ti200 with two MX boards for the instrument displays. The other outside views are using two other machines and wideview.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cbr1000fl/cockpit.jpg--jeff

Hi Jeff,How are you using two other machines? Is this an option if FS2002? Is this hard to do?Thanks,Robbie

No, it's not really that hard to do. you'll need the WIDEVIEW program by Luciano Napolitano, a network, and Pete Dawsons FSUIPC program. Got to www.wideview.it for all the information.It's not perfect, the side views are not as smooth as the main display, but it still is nice to use. --jeff

Guest wkzzo

This is with a geforce 4 ti 4600 using one vga output to a crt and using the dvi connector with a dvi to vga adapter and an lcd monitor.There is absolutley no framerate loss doing this.

That's exactly how I have my Ti4200 set up. Working great, no issues.

Question..........If I use 2 computers.....with one monitor on each computer, do I need FS running on each machine ???????Thanks,Ulisses

Yes, along with the the programs I listed above. However wideview is for "out the window" display only, the instruments are not updated correcly, you'll need to run additional display adapters in your main box for the instrument panel displays --jeff

Sweet!!! Are you using a network program too?Rob

Have you thought about adding a PCI card for other display options?Rob

Hello,I have 2 machines here, 3 monitors, not sure if it can be better to run all 3 monitors in the main machine just adding an extra PCI video card or use my networked PC with GF2.I liked the setups here.I have some questions:1) Anybody using project magenta or FreeFD ???2) Is there a way to remember aircraft/window prositions ? It should be nice if opening an aircraft bring the panels in position.Thanks,Ulisses

Yes, if you place the panels on the monitors you wish and save the flight, they will go appear in these positions when you start up that flight....--jeff

but if you have 2 computers I think it won't work.....not sureUlisses