Sign in to follow this  

Carenado Archer, anyone have it yet?

How about a mini review here? Curious how it compares to the "other" one :) It looks very nice in thier screenshots, just curious how she flies and frame rates etc.Hornit

I don't think it can compare very well to the DF archer... especially given that the DF Archer II is only $5 more. You get a better panel, sounds, better model, and Text-o-Matic templates (and all those free repaints!). I think this would explain why Carenado put of its release so long.

I bought it. Nice very nice indeed. Excellent slow flight and stalling capabilities. The interior & exterior look good and the virtual cockpit is good too. If you liked any of the other Carenado Aircraft, you will like this one too.I also own the Dreamfleet Archer which is excellent. If I had to make a choice, I'd buy the Dreamfleet. The Carenado is not one to pass up either .Both are very goodI rate the Dreamfleet **** five starsThe Carenado 3+ ***+ starsMike NeonesFavorite area to Fly--Alaska!

Guest Dakota

I thought it kind of odd that they would come out with the exact same plane model that FSD did. Why didn't they do something else since so many of us already have the Archer. The least they could have done is to make the Piper Archer III. Course that has advanced avionics and that might be beyond their programming skills. Oh well, I am lookng forward to the FSD planes coming soon (I hope). :-jumpy

Guest Moghdad

I bought it this evening and just finished a first flight. I like it. Its take on the Archer is different from the DF, which is good. It has it own strong points, as the DF does too. Carenado makes really good external models, for example the Bonanzas. Their Archer is no exception. It is very cinematic. I find Carenado flight models smoother. This Archer feels less jerky than the other one. The rudder feels positive and smooth. It doesn't have so much tendency to fishtail and is easier to point it where you want it. I would like to fly it more to see how it does in one area where the other Archer is weak, which is in the correct rotation and smoothly breaking contact with the ground.The DF still has the best 2D panel. The Carenado panel is pretty good, on a par with the V-tail Bonanza, but the legibility could still be improved. For whatever strange reason, they put the engine tachometer on a separate pop-up panel instead of the main panel. The Carenado VC is their best so far. I actually prefer it to the DF.I agree you've got to have them both. I'm a fan of both companies. The two planes I've flown more than any other are the DF Archer II and Carenado V-tail Bonanza.

I had to sharpen the panel instruments in the 2D cockpit with FS Panel Studio and my image editor raising contrast and sharpness on my Carenado Bonanza. I use 1024x on a 19 inch monitor, but the shadows and glare on the instrument faces did not make them legible enough for my use. (My video IS calibrated for photography purposes.)I don't know about Dreamfleet's, if it is a G-Max model, but the Carenado Bonanza is an FSDS product which does not allow illumination of the ground surface by landing lights for night flying. Perhaps the Archer is different.

Guest eko

It is too bad they decided to do a plane which another payware outfit has already done. With all the great GA planes which could be done, now we have two payware versions of one plane. *sigh*I guess maybe they had started the project and was well underway when DF released theirs... would make no sense to just stop a project once you've invested time in it.But still... I wish they would have come out with a totally different plane.