Sign in to follow this  

ATAI - AI Traffic Airline Installer, New beta software

I have just finished a beta version of ATAI.This is an installer for AI traffic files using Traffic Tools.Here is a quote from the little "manual":You can get it from here:http://www.tunnelmaosasto.com/ataiBugs, comments to boozecats@hautakangas.comWhat is ATAI?-------------ATAI is an installer for Aircraft models, liveries and AI traffic information for Flight Simulator 2002.It uses an excellent freeware program called Traffic Tools by Lee Swordy.ATAI's Features---------------Create installation "Packages" consisting of several aircraft, and all of their required files. You can for example create a package that consists of 20 aircraft and their model and sound directories, an airfile and an aircraft.cfg base file.You can create another package that consists of Texture directories, aircraft.cfg, aircraft.txt, airport.txt and flightplans.txt entries for the planes in certain airline colors and configurations.Easy creation of packages by editing a text file and setting up a proper folder structure.This package can be packed by using for example a zip packer and then distributed.View installed packages.Delete installed packages.Re-install packages over the previous installation without creating double entries in aircraft.txt, flightplans.txt etc.Decompile traffic.bgl, install multiple packages and then compile traffic.bgl.Traffic Tools has a rounding error that at least affects airports.txt data location data everytime you decompile/compile traffic.bgl. With ATAI minimum number of decompile/compile cycles is needed, no decompile, compile after every installed airline package.

Guest H_Kev55

While we appreciate the hard work done by Harri to provide this hobby with yet another great Freeware add-on, ProjectAI, it's staff, members or contributors, will not and do not extend any expressed or implied gaurantee or warrantys for the use of this program.Use at your own risk.While I'm sure there is nothing wrong with Harri's work, please read Harri's instructions.Thanks,KJ dcboard.cgi?az=view_attachment&file=3d866b9308147336.jpg

My installer is not made for Project AI files only. It can be used to create any easily distributable AI plane packages.I originally had two PAI Finnair packages on my website as examples, one with 2 models and one with 2 liveries and flightplans etc. ProjectAI asked me to take them down. I did not know about their policy of only distributing their official files through their website, so I apologise to them. I have now included one example package that was taken from their un-official downloads section. This package has only the livery and flightplan information, no plane models. It uses PAI B743 plane model that should have been installed with their basepack. I will try to find a free plane model that I can use as an example as soon as I can.KJ, I wonder why you felt that you needed to post the message above ?I don't believe I have made any statements about my program being officially connected with Project AI. Do you make a statement like that everytime a new freeware add-on that deals with AI traffic comes out ?Harri

Guest frankcubillos

Sounds like a great proggie, thanks Harri. If you could please remove the PAI material for download on you site, I'd appreciate it as it's against PAI policy.Thanks again Harri for your contributions.http://projectai.com/images/frankpai.jpg

I uploaded a new beta version late last night, and of course there was a problem. The upload had gotten corrupted somehow. First time that has happened to me. I re-downloaded it just momements ago using a different FTP software and it seems to be working now, please report any problems with it and I'll do my best to fix them as soon as possible.Thanks, Harri

Hi Frank,The there is no official PAI material on my site anymore. I took the files down already last night.Thanks,Harri

Guest H_Kev55

Harri,There was no offense intended toward you or your program.It's simply a disclamer.I felt the need to let everyone know that since you were using some PAI files, that if these files, or your program caused a problem with someones computer, then we would not be liable for this problem. But, I'm sure that won't happen.Just in case everyone does't understand that beta means simply, 'Use at your own risk.'I will in the future continue to make such statements if PAI files are used in conjunction with any other program(s) without prior authorization. Thank You,KJ

ATAI has moved to a new website.http://www.boozecats.comMy E-mail concerning ATAI is harri@boozecats.comA little more about ATAI - It was created to help the many people who create their own AI Traffic packages and want to share them with other people in an easy way (this includes Unofficial Project AI files :) ). Harri

There was a major problem with Beta 1.0. It did not DeCompile of Compile traffic.bgl so it was only doing the changes to the text files without you seeing the changes in FS2002. I didn't catch the bug because everything worked fine in my programming environment. This MAJOR bug is now fixed. Version 1.1 is now available.Http://www.boozecats.com