Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marty1

FS2002 Stutters

Guest Marty1

Hello everyone. This is my first post anywhere. Im having trouble with Flightsim 2002. Basically its running like FS2000(remember the stutters). Here is my pute.P4 2.2GeForce4 Ti4600 Ultra 128MB DDR1024 DDR Kingmax RAMBarracuda Hard DriveWidows XP + SP1Video Driver 40.72I know this driver is only BETA but I needed it to use the menus in Flightsim(the ALT key).Frames a locked at 25 and detail set to half on everything except ATC witch is off all together. At these settings the FPS counter does not mo

Guest Marty1

Sorry guys got a bit excited there.What I was saying was the FPS counter doesnt move at all it just stays rock solid on 25. Even if I set detail all the way to minimum it will still stutter. I have also tried turning off AGP texture but had no luck. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to here them.David Feldman

Guest Eagle92395

Maybe try completely removing your drivers, uninstall the card from Windows (actually delete it in the profile) reinstall the drivers of choice cleanly. You may have residual driver pieces.

Guest flightpro08

I almost have the same system as you, with the exception of the amount of RAM. I also lock my frame rates at 25, and everything is pretty smooth. I'd also recommend, as the above poster did, that you completely delete your old video card drivers, and do a clean install of some new ones. Guides on how to completely uninstall your drivers can be found at www.guru3d.com in the "Detonator Drivers" forum.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designerhttp://members.cox.net/santracon/images/san_logo.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Guest Marty1

Thank you Ill give it a shot.David Feldman.

Guest Marty1

Thank you for your advice. I have done everything you said, but I still have the problem. I shall keep looking for a solution.

Do you possibly have anything running in the background? virus checker, Internet connection, Logging of some kind,Cacheman optimization.. (grasping here..)

Bert

Hello David,I recently solved a bad stutter problem on my brothers computer by replacing the VIA drivers (www.via.com.tw) with a more recent version. Hope it can help you too.hm

Guest Marty1

Thanx hm Ill check it out and report back.

Dave, if this fails.. go back to the 40.52 drivers.. several folks have reported that they are better, and I found that EAW stuttered badly with the 40.72s and runs fine with the 40.52s..

Bert

Hi Marty...Turn the Virtual Cockpit Gauges quality to LOW settings and try again. It did it for me!!!Bests,Carlitos

Guest Marty1

Thanx Bert Ill D/L 40.52 and give it a go.

Guest Marty1

To Carlitos and Bert, no luck but thanx anyway.