Sign in to follow this  

B-24D Speed Hold - How?????

I have been trying to get the speed hold to work on the B-24D posted here at Avsim. I edited the air file to enable speed hold and set no A/T switch. I have tried adding an A/T switch also but no speed control. When I click on IAS or Mach hold the buttons do not illuminate but the display changes from IAS to Mach hold. Is there something else I ned to do? Thanks, bob.

Hey, Bob Familton, good to see ya again.Here's what you need to do:Here's what you need to add/replace in the Aircraft.cfg file of each airplane to get going: [electrical] max_battery_voltage = 24.0 generator_alternator_voltage = 28.0 max_generator_alternator_amps = 60.0 ;BusType, MaxAmpLoad, MinVoltage BusTypes:0=MainBus,1=AvionicsBus,2=BatteryBus,3=HotBatteryBus,4-7=Genera tor/AlternatorBus(1-4) flap_motor = 0, 5 , 17.0 gear_motor = 0, 5 , 17.0 autopilot = 0, 5 , 17.0 avionics_bus = 0, 10, 17.0 avionics = 1, 5 , 17.0 pitot_heat = 0, 2 , 17.0 additional_system = 0, 20, 17.0 marker_beacon = 1, 2 , 17.0 gear_warning = 0, 2 , 17.0 fuel_pump = 0, 5 , 17.0 starter1 = 0, 20, 17.0 light_nav = 0, 5 , 17.0 light_beacon = 0, 5 , 17.0 light_landing = 0, 5 , 17.0 light_taxi = 0, 5 , 17.0 light_strobe = 0, 5 , 17.0 light_panel = 0, 5 , 17.0 [pitot_static] vertical_speed_time_constant = 1.0 //Increasing this value will cause a more instantaneous reaction in the VSI [Radios] // Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope Audio.1 = 1 Com.1 = 1, 1 Com.2 = 1, 1 Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1 Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0 Adf.1 = 1 Transponder.1 = 1 Marker.1 = 1 [direction_indicators] //1 Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro, 3=Electro-Mag Slaved Compass, 4=Slaved to another //2 Indicator number of slaving indicator if Type = 4 direction_indicator.0=3,0 [EFFECTS] wake=fx_wake water=fx_spray dirt=fx_tchdrt concrete=fx_sparks touchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 1 And this section if not already there: [autopilot] autopilot_available=1 flight_director_available=0 default_vertical_speed=700.000000 autothrottle_available=0 pitch_takeoff_ga=8.000000Best of luck!David Needham

You might want to try editing the panel to put in a different autopilot panel...I cant seem to get the speed hold to work in CFS2, either...try using the Cessna radiostack...seems to be the best radio stack in the game, IMHO...S!Ridge

Ya, I guess a bomb sight is kinda pointless in FS, huh? lolS!Ridge