Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

help with second monitor (XP)

Hello,When I undock a FS panel to drag to the second monitor, I get the window border with the panel name, is there a way to hide it ?I found some performance drop in some windows, like trying to undock the ATC window to the second monitor...another problem I had is using the detonator (GF4TI4200) driver 40.72 and antialias on, the ATC text comes hard to read...any idea ?Thanks,Ulisses

I don't know of a way to hide the title bar in undocked windows. I usually have my panels undocked so a solution would be very welcome.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

At least reduce the size or hide the title...UlissesPS...anyone using the FreeFD glass cockpit ?

On a similar topic, when flying with undocked panels on a second monitor and full screen on the main monitor, sometimes my mouse cursor gets locked out of the secondary. Only way out seems to be to got to windowed display on the primary and set the whole thing up again. Anyone else had this?

Guest jason2112

>On a similar topic, when flying with undocked panels on a >second monitor and full screen on the main monitor, >sometimes my mouse cursor gets locked out of the secondary. >Only way out seems to be to got to windowed display on the >primary and set the whole thing up again. Anyone else had >this? I have the same problem. My workaround is to display a panel on the full screen and drag it to the second screen. After that, I can move the cursor between the screens again.

Guest gasebah

O.K. guys.Check your graphic settings inside FS2002. If you have more than one monitor the section where you can set your graphics card should read something like this:1. primary display adaptor2. display1/....3. display2?...Choose display1 instead of primary adaptor and you should have no prob moving the mouse to the 2nd monitor.Sorry if that is not very accurate but I am not in front of my own computer right now. But I guess you get the picture anyway.Cheers,Alex

Hi,Anyone using glass cockpit like magenta or the freeFD http://freefd.homelinux.com/I tried to run FreeFD in the second monitor but it came very slow when FS is running....I'm trying to setup it in another computer now....What do you guys generally use in the other monitors ?Thanks,Ulisses

Guest jason2112

Hey Alex, great help! Your advice solved the problem. Thank you very much!VOlker :]

I haven't tried FreeFD as I couldn't reach their site the other day. Looks like it's working now so I'll go take a peek.Since I'm only using two screens right now, I use the second for Squawkbox, browser (for airport info, etc.), GPS and Roger Wilco.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator