Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

Radeon 9700 users.. HELP.

Hello John, I bought a new AMD system from Cyberpower a couple of weeks ago, It's an AMD 2200, 512 Corsair DDR, Gigbyte 7VAX, with 420w's of power and the 9700 Radeon. I have 3 case fans, and an upgraded heatsink. I had terrible problems with the card, thought it might be heat, then power, then i called Cyberpower, and they told me that alot of the cerds they installed were bad. They are going to replace mine, or give me the option of the 4600ti. I would really like to stick with the 9700, but it seems to be alot of headache right now. Guess i'll stay ATI and see what happens.Good luck to you.Jay

I have had enough :-lolI found someone who is willing to swap over their Ti4600 and some cash for my card, so it's all good. I am sure they are great cards (When they work) But to me they're just not worth the headache.I could have spent the last few days painting instead of messing with this POS :-lol

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Well john, i'm with you. i spent a couple of hours researching info on the net, and found that the 9700 isn't worth the trouble. I've boxed mine up and it's going out inthe mail to get swapped with the 4600. Hope we both have better luck with the geforce.jay

An update on my issue which is to re-boot the system twice before I can get FS2 to function properly with 9700 card. Updated with latest official drive and control panel to instructions. Still have the same problem. Since I have another AMD 2200+ system with a SOYO KT333 MB/GF3 Ti500, I may trade-out cards just to see what happeneds. At present I am not totally pleased with the 9700 card although I will admit when it is working - it's great! Good luck to all.Erv

The GeForce 4600 is the one I've had my eye on also. Let me know how it performs! I need to buy something to replace this Elsa soon. It's dying fast.