Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera Pro 1.3 uploaded to the AVSIM file libra

Guest Anticyclone

Check the AVSIM file library. We have just uploaded the latest version of Active Camera Pro (v 1.3). After many requests we added two interesting features :- The user can now move the eye point up or down when in external view. While walking around the aircraft it is possible to increase/decrease the height of the view e.g. so one could view above the wing and over the engine (not realistic but useful for spotters and aircraft designers). - The ground turbulence and head latency can be turned on and off via a keyboard shortcut (useful while flying). In the menu there is a tick box asking if you wish to have this feature on/off).All these keyboard assignements are user definable in the Active Camera Pro configuration file.Enjoy the stuff !Serge and Guillaume,AntiCyclone

Great, thanks alot! To be honest, this is one of the Addons that i would be happily willing to be for, but of course, freeware is better for us :-)However, with ur permission I would like to make a suggestion to make this addon even better!Is it possible to save viewpoints, ie. in VC mode u move ur camera position back to a passenger seat, or back so u have wing view, then click save and Active Camera saves the position and angle the camera is at? Of course, this would have to be for diff. every aircraft, but I am thinking a little cfg file (or in the existing cfg file), with reference to aircraft model and y,x and z coordinates along with camera angles this would be possible. Only a suggestion though :-). Maybe this could be combined with shortcuts, like u press ctrl+shift+1 (or something else) and the view point changes automatically to the saved viewpoint no. 1.Boy, thnx again for all ur guys work, this gives FS a whole new feeling!

Guest Anticyclone

It should not be a big challenge to save viewpoints in the VC mode because ... we have already done it on some specific airplanes and for personal use. Shortcuts are defined in the same default .cfg file.While switching between the saved views we have an amazing cinematic effect (the transition is very smooth and progressive, a bit as film directors do).If many users are interested by this feature, and depending on when time will permit we'll make the conversion in order to have this function compatible with to ALL MSFS aircrafts featuring a virtual cockpit. Do not forget the development of Active Camera Pro is a hobby only possible during our free time.Serge and GuillaumeAntiCyclone

Thnx alot for the quick reply! Of course I understand u do this in ur freetime. Really thnx alot for this. I'm sure all of the users here on the forum are in deep thnx for all the freeware authors out there. Without them our hobby would be nowhere near where it is now.Looking forward to any new developments, and pls, take ur time! CYA

I also would love to be able to save viewpoints. It would make an already awsome addon really perfect. Thanks alot for all you've already done! Great work!Paul

HiI love the add-on but it still does not work for me. I can use V1.0 but the later versions do not work. I get the menu in the FS toolbar but i cannot move or rotate head. I e-mailed you guys but I did not get a resonse so I am wondering if there is a silution or not. I really really want to enjoy it like the rest :-( but I can only use v1.0Take careMike

Guest HeavyFan

WOW! Thank's guy's for this Update to an AWESOME add-on!!!-:) Is there anyway you can make the Outside Walking Funtion work while in the AIR?? As I like the new feauture where you can go Up and Down in the outside Walk around feature,!! So We can have those great Wing Views for any plane in flight??!!! If you can Please make this feauture work in air instaed of only on the Ground would be more AWESOME!! So we can have those great Wing Views and watch the Flaps and eveything else Work in the AIR!! PLEASE Try and make it work in Air Also!! keep up this great little Utility which i really Love! MIKE-:)

Great program! I love it:-) it's nice to be able to walk around once in awhile to stretch your legs.:-lol

Guest cwright

Serge and Gillaume, I look forward to trying the new version. Many thanks! I would love to see that feature, particularly as I have designed a Constellation with a passenger cabin - complete with passengers. With this feature I could save positions in the passenger cabin with a view of the wings and engines as well as the cockpit. Once again, many thanks for a fantastic add-on! Best regards, Chris

I have the same problem. Also when I'm in the VC instead of moving with the numpad keys they still change the viewpoint like before Active Camera Pro. Anybody can help us?

Guest B1900 Mech

Try going to your mouse propertys and selecting Middle Button in the dropdown menu as a function for your middle button. That is what I had to do to get head panning using my logitech Trackball. Jim

I pressed num lock I few times, but makes no difference. My mouse does nothing but zoom

Active Camera is one of the most useful addons yet. Excellent job guys! My suggestion for a future tweak would be to be able to somehow lock the external view and have it stay in that same position relative to the aircraft. For example, right now, if you enable Active Camera external view and position yourself for a good view of the top of the wing and the engine, and then taxi the aircraft, your view doesn't move with the aircraft. If we could lock that view, imagine the cool perspectives we could have of the airplane as it flys. Maybe to have the latency feature with that view too. That would be too cool! Thanks again for your work. Tom