Sign in to follow this  

HELP NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, i've just changed my op to XP Home running MSFS 2002 Pro with 3 monitors and have a couple of questions to ask .....Firstly ... when trying to undock a window or even try to rightclick on a full screen nothing happens, i find that i've got to come out of full screen to get a task bar menu has anyone got a solution to this problem ....Secondly ... is anyone having problems with using the instruction station on a different PC .... it seems to startup ok and i can change the parameters but this only last about 10 mins before it crashes...Thanks for your help

Since you just updated to WinXP Home, did it include SP1. If so, you may need to update your graphics card drivers.

I was informed by three different users that XP Home Edition does not support multi-monitors.Anyone like to confirm or deny this state of affairs?If that is still the case after the SP1 then I won't be downgrading to it as I also run 3 monitors off 3 separate cards in Win98 with not a problem in sight.Pat

I think that is erroneous information. Since I a mono-monitor guy, I can't verify. However, Georgi55 can. I cannot imagine that WinXP regresses the ability to have multiple monitors. Type "multiple monitors" in the Windows Help and Support Center search window.

XP Home certainly does support multi monitors. I have two, one on the AGP and one a second PCI card.BUT, to get it working, I had to have the PCI card set as the primary in the BIOS. WinXP then recognised the card and loaded drivers for it. Then in desktop setup, I extended the desktop onto the second card, but set the AGP attached monitor as the primary as far as XP is concerned. This means that boot messages come out on the PCI then it switches to the AGP when it builds the desktop.The PCI card is a throway from work, a Cirrus Logic chip with just 4mb, but it's fine for running my PIC767 FMC and pedestal at 1024x768, for example.

Thanks all for your help ... i found out what the problem was in the end ... it was to do with Hardware Rendering Options, i had Anti-Aliasing on and this makes the task bar disappear... But i am still having problems with the Instructor Station.. it's only a AMDk6 233 With 133Mb of ram and a cheap graphics card but i'm only using it as an instructor station so the graphics aren't important. Do you think it could be it the Proccessor or the memory maybe that makes it crash after about 10 mins ???????????

I have windows XP home and I run 2 monitors(17"flat panel& 17"flat screen) they are running off of a GeForce 4 TI 4400 one through DVI and the other VGA. Works great, I am able to undock and drag any window without any problem. I might also add that I always get about 20fps give or take..... :)

Macky42,Thanks for the tips - I'll pass them on.Just out of curiosity (as I don't have XP myself) I went to the MS support website and checked and it appears even Microsoft are confused over this issue.They have a Knowledge Base Article Q307873 which is headed as follows:"How to: Configure and Use Multiple Monitors in Windows XP.The information in this article applies to Microsoft Windows XP Professional".Maybe that's how the confusion started.I went a bit further and MS have listed a load of graphics chips which they say are the only ones that work in XP - your Cirrus isn't mentioned - looks like you proved 'em wrong!!!Pat

I don't quite understand the Instructor Station thing. You have loaded FS2002Pro on an AMDK6-233MHz w/133MB of RAM? I have only opened the instructor station once/twice on a High-end computer. I don't remember if FS2002 also runs. If so, I would think 133MB would be too small!!