Sign in to follow this  

MyTraffic vs PAI ?

Wanting people's opinions on these 2 competing (kinda) products. Am using PAI and am pretty happy with it. I like the piece-by-piece installations and working with airport files myself, but I'm sure everyone is not that way and it seems that MyTraffic would be very useful to them. OR- Is the end result of the 2 programs different enough to compare one with another? OR does MyTraffic simply make AI traffic pain free, whereas PAI takes some effort from the end user?

Good question, Ive been wondering myself what the difference is. Im using PAI also and have been happy with it. Most of my flying is done in the US , so I was wondering if My traffic will add more for the us than PAI does so far. Im not into doing all the tweaking PAI requires to get the traffic the way I like it, so maybe this will be the answer. Id rather wait till someone gives it a review.Rob

I believe the reason behing MY Traffic is for those who do not wish or cannot d/l the large files (ISP connection) or do not want to mess with installing the base pkg, then each pack. So My Traffic offer flight plans, planes, and AFCAD file just a one time install and you are set to fly.John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

PAI aircraft and livereis look much more realistic and I think the flightplans are much more up-to-date and they're based on real life schedules,while Mytraffic just adds much traffic in general+PAI is free.IMHO,PAI has much more advantages and is far better,looking at mytraffic's page

Where can PAI be obtained ?Thanks for any reference.

Well, I for one was never able to get PAI to work on my system - despite all the FAQs and tips on the forum. The installer system seemed like a good idea but it just isn't ready for prime time IMO. I bought MyTraffic, installed it in under a minute and now I have AI traffic in a whole bunch of liveries and the framerate hit is negligible. I even upped the ATC input to 100. I am under the impression that these are real schedules (says so in the Avsim article) but to be honest I couldn't find that out on the mytraffic site. The program also sets the big airports up so multiple runways are used. It was great to see the traffic at KPHL but the skies inbetween big airports still seem a bit spartan to me.David