Sign in to follow this  
Guest JamesJ

Need a new Joystick, Need advice

My Microsoft FF joystick 2 died on me yesterday. I checked the USB and power connections and it appears either the transformer blew or something insde the stick itself blew. The light on the joystick is off as if it has no power. This is the second Microsoft Joystick that went on me. The first had a lose connection that forced me to hold the wire a certain way while flying. I am not thrilled in getting another Microsoft joystick, however I do like the Force feed and also liked the fact that throttle and rudder were on the same stick. I use my PC for other stuff and can't have a lot of stuff sitting on the desk such as a separate throttle etc.. Although Im open to any suggestions of what works well and is reliable. Thanks for any info.Rob

You might try the Saitek Force 3D - it has all the same functions as the Microsoft stick. I have been enjoying a Saitek X36 with no problems for almost 2 years now - they seem to make pretty good equipment.

Thanks for the advice, I forgot about that one. It looks like it is excactly what Im looking for. I think Ill order one.Thanks again,Rob

Rob:You might try the Logitech WingMan Extreme Digital 3D. It has swven buttons and a hat switch, a trottle, and a twist stick to control the rudder if you do not have pedals. it can be purchased at Wal-Mart for only $40.00.I have been using mine for the past six months while my PFC yoke is being repaired and really love it. easy to control all aircraft on the ground and in the air,

Or try the Logitech Stike Force! In addition to what Charlie said, above, it has a second hat switch and a mousewheel on the base which works great for trimming. FF isn't as powerful as the MS sidewinder though...but it is less expensive.

Guest JamesJ

I like this one too! I bought it just to have a change from the CH Yoke and pedals..guess what..the yoke is gathering dust on the top of my monitor while I use this..the toe brakes on the rudder pedals work just fine..JamesJ