Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Suggestion: A forum for developers of Flightsimulator addons

Guest in_04

Hi AVSIM,I'am the author of 'GA-Traffic'. As I start with the idea of making 'GA-Traffic' I posted on several places for people who will help me to test and develop the program. I got only a few intrested user and most time got no response. I know that there are more developers out there which have similar problems and I think it will be a good idea to make a forum for developers and intrested Flightsim user to share there ideas, search for tipps how to program, look for testers and discuss there ideas of tools nobody currently think about.I'm currently have several ideas for addons in my mind, but some of the ideas need information. So normaly I will try to find those information in the net, but I think it will be a better idea to have a forum here to ask for help. Maybe some of my ideas could be made by another person who have more time for them than I have?I think your site is the most populate flightsimer site and maybe you could help to bring the freeware community back to live.

The idea seems nice. Usually I go to the gauges, scenery forum looking for answers but I agree that sometimes we spent a lot of time looking for common answers. A poll of source code is also nice, already released some of my code. http://jcboliveira.flysplash.orgWhat is your idea? A place not already covered by the two foruns above mentioned to exchange ideas solutions or something like a place to answer questions and user problems?Jos

Well, it's a very good idea. I am myself developing some ideas regarding joystick programming ("Do more with your joystick") but before I can carry out all my ideas I need a small DLL to read out a variabele in FSUIPC = record number of a small text row that needed to be displayed for half a second or so in a popup in FS or the scrolling text row. I have no experience in programming for Windows or FS. Maybe that can be the forum where I can get help :) .Thank you for your proposal to AVSIM.hm

Okay, well, we have heard your suggestions, and we'll be opening a developers forum within the MSFS Conference within the next day or so. Thank you for suggestions and your involvment in our community. Suggestions like this allow AVSIM to address all the interests of our 13,000 strong members here. Thank you.

Guest in_04

Thanks you.I know that AVSIM is a great place for Flightsimmers :-)

Guest in_04

>Okay, well, we have heard your suggestions, and we'll be>opening a developers forum within the MSFS Conference within>the next day or so. Thank you for suggestions and your>involvment in our community. Suggestions like this allow AVSIM>to address all the interests of our 13,000 strong members>here. Thank you.Hi Tom,any news on the time the forum will show up?