Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Forceing FS2k2 to produce good frame rates...

I was wondering has anyone experienced this issue. I find that when running FS2K2 for any length of time, my frame rates will drop. What has worked for me is when using FSMetro, if the frame rates start to drop (when on a landing approach over a busy city, etc...) all I have to do is refresh the weather in FSMetro's menu and the issue is solved. My landings are as smooth as silk. I've been doing this over the last few months and although it cuts back on realism (swithing out of FS in mid flight to the desktop), my frame rate issue is not as problematic as before. I have a cable modem and I deffinently wouldn't recommend this as a solution for anyone with anything less than a DSL connection. I find now that I can't fly FS unless I'm using FSMetro because I hate to see my frame rates drop so much and there is nothing I can do about it. The default MS RealWeather doesn't refresh weather the same way as FSMetro and therefore can't help with frame rate issues. Has anyone else seen this because I haven't seen any post letting others know about this alternative???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

You didn't give us your system specs, but if you are running Windows 98SE, make sure you have all programs in the background turned off. You can do this by hitting CTRL_ALT_DEL and turning off each program except Systray and Explorer (and FS2002), or you can use a utility program called EndItAll. If that doesn't solve it and, assuming you have at least 512 MB RAM, you could have a defective memory chip, or even a power supply problem.Dale

System specs are:Dell Pentium4 1.5ghzWindows XP1gig RDRAM100 GIG HDGeForce 4 4200 64meg

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2