Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

I LIKE "MY TRAFFIC".............

Guest drobson

Easy to install as you say, click, click, etc. Getting active, various aircraft to actually show up is another story. The thing just does not work for me, (and many others). If you caught my thread about "Helping a Dummy" at the fsnetwork forums, you will notice that I am not alone in having problems with the installers. In fact, Frank has stated that there are problems with their "Autoinstallers", and work is being done to re-do the entire project.It says to run TTools, Afcad, blah, blah. I don't care about a 100 gates at KSLC or KJFK. All I want is real world aircraft moving about, on the ground and in the air.I'm not going to mess with it until the new autoinstallers are available. Then we'll see if Autoinstall really means what it implies.Darrell

Heh...heh, FrankYou sure moved up the ladder, from a "lowly" :D communications officer to CEO. But I'm glad you did, cause I think PAI needed something done to the installers, and you have the desire, and now the POWER to get that done!HEY...wait a minute wasn't Enron in Houston? Hope you not hangin' arround with the "big boys" from there.:-lolYou know!!!.......the CEO Club :-wink2. http://members.cox.net/pstepanoff/images/OK_c2.gifPete S

From what I've seen on their website, the quality of the aircraft aren't even close to the PAI stuff. The My Traffic planes look almost "cartoonish". Is it really like that, or are the screenshots of My Traffic just really bad?

Guest WorkingStiff

Nice marketing blurb...What is your relationship to the MyTraffic folks?

Guest United

are certainly not as pretty as others, but it was an instant install and has worked great. You guys can do PAI, that's fine, I just think MyTraffic is a nice alternative to that and I happen to think they will get better.

Guest moomox

I downloaded and installed PAI for the first time yesterday. I've installed about 8 packages... and the AI is awesome. No problems what so ever. PAI is the way to go...

I agree. PAI autoinstallers work, but don't work right. After examining aircraft.cfg files and aircraft.txt files, I find too many mismatches. In some cases, there was texture for kenyan airlines in an aircraft folder, but the aircraft.cfg file referred to Namibian airlines for which there was no such texture. There were a whole host of other mismatches that I had to manually correct. Apart from that, there are still several major airlines that are still missing in the PAI liveries - AA, Continental, Northwest etc. Also, there aren't any plans for regional aircrafts - the ATR's and Dash's from the smaller airports. Does "My traffic" have these ?

There is an "order" in which they are supposed to be installed ??!!! Maybe that's why I had so many problems with them? I downloaded all of them and just installed them any which way - and next thing I know I spent 5-6 hours correcting the aircraft.cfg files. :-( What's an FDE ? BTW - is there a reason why PAI has to use all aircraft generated by its own developers. There are several developers out there who I am sure have already made or could make frame-rate friendly gmax models and textures for aircrafts that PAI volunteers have not yet worked on. Why not just incorporate them (giving due credit of course to original authors) ?

I was a bit disappointed to find out that the flight schedules in MyTraffic are not real (as suggested on the Avsim frontpage). In fact, some of them make no sense at all (e.g. "American Flight 11334" - I've yet to hear of a flight with 5 digits). MyTraffic does suggest the editor that is coming soon can be used to add real world schedules but there is nothing to suggest they tried to accomplish that this time around. Still, the major airports are now populated and I think the models look great. Away from the major cities the sky gets a bit quiet though. As for those saying PAI is easy to install, I found that to be the case the very first time. I installed the United and USAir modules without reading the directions and they worked great. After a new harddrive and full reinstall, nothing I could do could bring those flights back. I followed every bit of voodoo advice. And MyTraffic also installs all the AFCAD (?) airport changes that are necessary to have multiple runways at the big airports. I never got close to tackling that on my own. MyTraffic is what I hoped for all along - a commercial version of PAI that's more polished for those who don't want to spend the time tinkering. Now if someone would do the same for taxiwaysigns!David

I must be in need of some serious help. When the PAI installers work right, I am very impressed and thankful for the dedication of the PAI team. When they don't (I once had twin United planes all over) I actually LIKE fixing it! I haven't the talent or knowledge to build my own flightplans, AFCAD, and aircraft, but I can move files and run TTools and AITM. I guess it gives me the feeling that someone else isn't doing ALL the work for me. And the only cost is DL time and tinkering time. I only wish I knew how to model the Fokker 100 to help get American Airlines off the ground.My hearfelt thanks go to the PAI teamSky

>>dont tell me that installing and running PAI is >>easy. >>Click link. Wait for file to download. Double-click >downloaded file. Hit OK. >>If MyTraffic is really easier than that, I'm very impressed. >>Not that I have anything against MyTraffic, but I am very >happy with ProjectAI, so I don't want to see other people >turned away from it. It would appear that too many people are completely missing the point, if they think that you can compare "MyTraffic" to PAI."MyTraffic" also adds NEW VOICES to the airlines, something that you would have to use the EditVoicepak utility to accomplish separate from PAI a/c installation."MyTraffic" does it ALL, in one easy, painless step."MyTraffic does the work of an even dozen separate utility programs... :)

I haven't tried MyTraffic, but I haev been very pleased with PAI so far. For example, my local airport is Buffalo, and after installing all of the PAI installers, I now see very realistic traffic on a rather small and insignificant airport. Carriers such as Southwest, Jetblue, and United on what appears to be realistic schedules. My only real problem with PAI so far is getting duplicate traffic caused my installing incorrectly. But a little work and I got everything straighened out. I haven't installed a bunch of afcad files, so I don't get too much traffic even on big airports. However, this is good because it keeps my framerates relatively high. Anyway just my 2 cents...

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF