Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Around the world trip..good free GA plane with VC?

I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to fly around the world. I'm going to start with a tour of Europe though, and then we'll see where I go (east, south or west). I'll post screenshots of each leg in the screenshot forum. Because if my currently limited spare-time, the legs will be fairly short (two hours at most), and I'll only do a couple each week.So, which plane do you think is best suited? It's going to be a GA plane. I see no point in touring the world on autopilot at 48 000 ft.I have not bought any addon planes, so it will be one of the defaults, or a freeware addon. It must have a VC. Here are those I'm thinking of (if you know of any other plane that would be suited, please do come with suggestions):-Default Baron (with the updated airfile and a nice paintjob).-Beech B33 Deb. or V-Tail version.-Piper Arrow IIIThe plane must have a cruise speed of at least 150 KTAS, so the Cessnas are out of the question really. It must be a piston engine plane. No turboprops or jets.The Debonair lacks a few knots but it's very nice to fly. The Piper Arrow III looks very sleek and is fairly fast. Then there's the default Baron which can cruise at 200kts and is very reliable. Which one would you choose? Any other suggestions for a plane?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

If you don't want to buy something, the default Baron is indeed the best bet.Personally, I went for Flight1's Cessna 421 Golden Eagle. It has more range, a better panel, and is a bit faster too (plus IMO it looks better, LOL). Purchased it for the trip (which is now about 1/3 done) and I've got to love it.

If I were doing it for real, I'd want to go with a twin for those over water segments.... So I'd go with the Baron or the payware Flight1 Cessna 421....In the single department, I'd go with either the Arrow III or the Debonair. I'm still waiting for a good GMAX Mooney which is in the same league as these two aircraft, with virtual wings, cockpit & cabin. There is also a good freeware 114TC floating about... It looks and flies quite well....-John

>I like this one, it cruises about 197 km/h but it's fun and >offers spectacular viewing. >>Anyway, it's the zlin from Milan Lisner >>http://flightsim.periskop.cz/ Here is a better website for Milan Lisners' ZlinIt's in English ! :)http://www.mlk-airbase.wz.cz/It was one of the first addons I downloaded for FS2002 - and , in my opinion, is still one of the best!! The virtual cockpit is good - even though I don't use it much.Barry