Sign in to follow this  

time setting in FS2002

HelloI fly FS2002 from Sweden around the Los Angeles area. My problem is that I would like the actual LA time when I fly. As far as I understand I have two options, and non of them solves my problem. System time: Will set the Swedish local time in FS2002 even though I fly in California.Flight time: Always starts 6.25 (or soemthing) regardless of when I fly. What should I do.Mike

I'm not sure I understand your problem. If you start flying system time (real time) in Sweden and head East, you will gain an hour for each time zone through which you fly. I don't have a chart at hand, but unless something is seriously wrong with your system, starting flight at 7p, for instance, it should be several hours earlier in LA.

I undertsand..... fs time is set by your computers clock.There are 3 ways to do this... one is to have your start up flight in sweden somewhere and "Goto" LA. Two is to change the time back 9 hours to LA time once your in fs .. the third is to set your computers clock 9 hours back to match LA time.Thats all I know.... just make it part of the proceedure....:-)Pete

PeteOh, so it is because I save the "situation". This I want to continue to do, so that my fuel settings and aircraft condition remains. I guess then I have to set my computer sytem clock to California timeThanksMichael

Hi MichaelOk, just lets clarify the system time /flight time.These settings only relate to the log book entries. When system time is selected the log book will start from the second you start fs. Flight time just logs your actual flight time... these settings have nothing at all to do with the clock time in fs.:-)Pete

MichaelYes its because you save the situation, and you can still do that, I do it also. Just change the time once your in.. the whole thing reloads... its only a minute or so. This is what I do....:-)Pete