Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominik Mann

Question on repainting

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, let me state first that I am certainly far from being an expert aircraft painter, but having downloaded several of my favourite airplanes over the course of several months, there has been one idea on my mind.That idea is for me to "customize" paint schemes on some of those aircraft insofar as to modify the default livery in such a way that the plane would be a virtual representation of how my own personal plane might look in the real world. This means that the modifications I would be doing if I decided to go ahead would be rather minor - such as replacing the tailcode with one specific to my country (Germany) and including some sort of "message", such as D-IMDM, for example :-) ; or like adding my initials to the tailfin, to the front cabin door area, or wherever else.This livery - and I would like to explicitly stress this - would be for my PRIVATE USE only, and I would make NO ATTEMPT to distribute it to anyone. You can take this for granted, and if you should ever find me breaking my word, you could sue me all the way to he11.Now, what I'd like to hear from you is, would there be any legal problems in doing such a modification for my personal use only? I thought I should post this question in advance before embarking on any such project, lest I might get in trouble for maybe posting a screenshot series of the plane so modified in some spectacular setting over in the screenshot forum, for example.Thanks in advance for your thoughts! :D

You are most welcome to do this with any of my textures ,for sure They are all 256 coulour format so just change them to 16 million colour do your thing then back to 256.Have fun :)Anniette xxxxxxx

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, I think your word on the matter will be all I need, Anniette! :DBest,

Modifications for private use are generally allowed (and if they're not, the documentation with the product should tell you so).And anyway, who would ever find out :-)Just don't distribute without prior permission.

Guest Dominik Mann

Thanks for your input. Well, basically it's the same as when you are tweaking your hardware beyond the manufacturer's specs, right? :-)