Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

Projectors and simming

Guest DrBob

While up at the lake for the conference I was amazed at the projection device Marty used for the contest. Is anyone using such a device for simming and can you post any specs of interest for a would be buyer? CompUSA sells an Epson C501 for about $1600 which I have not researched yet... Any help or insight would be appreciated!Bob S Reno, NV

Guest RichardL

Hi Bob,You may want to post your question in the Home Cockpit forum. That's where projectors are used. You might also want to do a "projector" search in that forum. There have been many posts in the past regarding projectors.Richard

I have had the privelage to use a projector for FS one time, and it really is awesome! Since Boxlight corp. world HQ is right down the road from where I live, you can rent one for cheap, and that's what one of my friends did. It was really nice, except that the instrument panel looked WAY TOO BIG on the wall, lol. I don't know if I'd spend loads of cash on one, but it definately was an experience :).

>nice, except that the instrument panel looked WAY TOO BIG on >the wall, lol. I agree. Way too big and blurry. I believe I get better overall experience with my $137 fresnel lens. ;-)Michael J.

Guest RiddlePilot

I'm sure the idea is to use the projector for the outside view and maybe a multi-monitor setup for the panel

I came across this lastnight... anyone have any experience with this??

http://www.webtv100inch.com/index.html

Chris

Guest cornclose

I have never seen this in action, but I am reliably informed that it does work.All it uses is a Fresnel lens to project the image onto a white screen. The focal length of the lens has to be right, and the viewing room has to be quite dark (almost totally dark) for best results, but it does work (so I'm told). Would love to see it in action.RegardsChris Ehttp://www.circle-software.co.ukhttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)