Sign in to follow this  

1.4 UPDATE RELEASED - ActiveSky 2002

Hello everyone,ActiveSky 2002 v1.4 has been released. 1.4 fixes some problems with altimeter settings and winds aloft simulation, plus some other small fixes and enhancements. See the revisions.txt file for more information.Also, a preliminary website (thanks to AVSIM!) for Project: ActiveSky is now ready at http://hifi.avsim.net/activeskyThe link for download is available there! Thanks everyone..-Damian Clark

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Revision Log:10/14 DC MESSAGES Winds aloft update message was not working, fixed.10/14 DC INTERNET D/L Timeout for winds aloft download was not short enough, resulting in occasional update 'freezes' while attempting to download data during a bad internet connection. Shortened timeout to 20 seconds.10/14 DC WINDS ALOFT SIM Simulation was not working even though user was outside 500nm of a valid US FD winds aloft station. Fixed.10/14 DC ALTIMETER Fixed pressure drop problem associated with metar parser error listed below. Also added additional routines to NOT mess up the altimeter setting by resetting to 0 if there was any kind of problem with finding a definitive altimeter setting in the METAR report.10/14 DC METAR PARSER Fixed another problem with Altimeter setting reads if strange METAR data (that mimicked an altimeter setting but was not) was present. This also fixed the intemittent altimeter drop problem that was happening occasionally.10/13 DC CLOUD TRANS Added initial code to prepare for smooth cloud transitions. NOTE that this is not visibly working yet, but you will see additional variables in the Runtime Status screen (cloud layers). This code is in preparation for the actual intelligent cloud transitions that will occur when flying between METAR reporting points.

Damian Clark

Damian, I like your program a lot. My only problem is on quitting, I've turned off fs2k2, and then found activesky still open. closing it in that order seems to lock up my box. I can end the program using end task option from the task manager, so its not real bad.I haven't tried to shut it down before closing fs2k2, I'll try that tonight.Bob B

Thank you Damian for this outstanding add-on. :-waveKeep up the great work....

Damian,First off, let me thank you for a fantastic add-on! I use it a lot, in fact I installed the FSUIPC add-on that launches other applications after FS2002 is started so I can automatically get weather every time. I've got a suggestion, though. Instead of your quite logical incrementing of the versions, it's about time you took a clue from the big software developers. Think of it! The next release really should be something like "ActiveSky 2002". Follow that with "ActiveSky XP", which would then lead to "ActiveSky MX Pro" or the ever-popular stripped down "ActiveSky Pro LE". Then we'll know you're serious! ;-)

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Hi,I am working on this, but sources for outside the US winds aloft information is hard to come by (in usable text format). If you know any sources please let me know! -Damian

Damian Clark

Damian: Thanks for not only a great little program but the thoughtfullness to keep us all informed as to your updates.Really appreciate all the hard work our developes offer us every day.Make this hobby that much more enjoyable.For you others, quit complaining and enjoy ! ! ! !! ! :-))