Sign in to follow this  
gosta

ATC CANCELS AI FLTS AND CHANGES MY APPROACH

Has anyone experienced this before ???? I am about 5nm from the threshold and ATC tells me to make a left or right downwind and to approach the opposite end of the field. Example would be a flight I just did from krsw to ktpa and was told to approach 18R and ~5nm out I was told to make a left downwind and approach 36R. This has happened to me in the last week a few times. The things that are now new and installed in FS2K2 are.ATC is also terminating alot of ai flts because they fail to reply back to an ATC request.1. PAI files new planes2. Some new Flt plans3. Active Sky 2002 which is turned on4. Some new AFCAD files for KTPA,CYUL both of which use overlays.Any help would be much appreciated !!!!

Thanks for the response . Did FS METEO also cause disruption with your AI aircraft flts being cancelled due tono response from ATC request.Andy

Hi Andy,I don't know about the AI cancellations, but ActiveSky has a feature to avoid the last-minute runway changes. When you start up ActiveSky, also get the Metar for your destination airport and force it at a distance before you start your descent (e.g. 120 miles). This way it will load the weather for your destination before you receive descent clearance, and ATC will give you the correct runway. Cheers,Gosta.