Sign in to follow this  

comp upgrade suggestions

hey guys and gals. :)ive been trying for the past 2 weeks to get some flight time in during my spair time and on my days off but this crappy computer just isnt budging. soon as fs turns on and i get into the sim i start getting out of memory pop ups all over the place.so im going to have to do something ive put off for ever since i got this computer and finally upgrade the friggin thing.im hoping to get a Maxtor 40.0GB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive which is about $100.00 at staples, and a PNY 512 MB PC 133 SDRAM which is $150.00. which should be close to $300.00 after taxes.and maybe a new video card on the paycheck after :) maybe a geforce 4.any suggestions or would this totally be an awsome machine with those new specs? :)also. is this stuff compatible with a PII? thats what i have. sais Guaranteed 100% compatibility

Guest Macs

Well, It seems that your're main concern right now is that Processor. If you get a 40 GB Hd,with all that ram on such a low end proccesor-Booting up could even be slower! Because there is more memory,the Processor has more work to do becuase of the memory increase. To be honest,I think this would be a lost cause without a new proccessor. How about upgrading to a P3 1GHZ? The chipset and MB would cost little more than $250-then when your budget can handle more memory and ram....overall a new rig should cost little,can be spread out and offer a more enjoyable experience!Hope this helps

yeah a new processor is deffinitely out of my league right now. im still paying this one off after over 5 years! lolthanks for the info. i just hope i dont end up burning the system out. heheone of my friends burned his cooling fan out when he first got FS2k2. his system couldnt take it!..lol

More physical memory may help a little, but you're basically tossing the money away. There is really nothing that will significantly help FS2002 performance on a P2. You need to upgrade the processor to see any noticeable improvement.Trip

wouldnt i be able to just take those cards off the PII and put them on whatever new processor i get?