Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

Simulator training

Guest Lobaeux4

Well boys, wish me luck, leaving to go do my CRM and system refresher training in the sim this week. Just got back from overseas and they send me to the sim. Should be a great time.Lobaeux

Have fun for us. The instructors will have a great time seeing you sweat it out. :D

Guest Lobaeux4

Well, just got home, actually it wasn't a bad mission at all. Take off out of Albuqurque, up past Alamosa, then over to Lake County airport, just a little VFR airport in the mountains, supposed to be taking supplies to firefighters up there. Came down VFR (marginal), forest fire smoke everywhere. With such a small runway, and the marginal conditions, it was quite challenging. Then to top it off, had a problem with #4 prop, went to mech gov, directional control problem on touchdown, engine flameout, gonna have to spend the night. A very good sim ride, learned a lot, especially about CRM.Now for the rest of the week, system refresher, lots of emergencies to worry about. That's when they'll see me sweat.The sim has got a new wrap around visual screen, very cool, but the visuals just can't compare with FS2K2. I know we complain about the visuals and such, but the C-130 sim here, it's great and all, with motion (let's see someone's home cockpit have that), but the visuals still just can't compare.Lobaeux