Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

All Saitek X36 problems fixed!

Just to let you all know that i've now managed to sort out ALL my issues that i've had in the past concerning the use of my Saitek X36 with Win98SE.I've now gone to XP pro. and all the problems with the joystick (ie. rudder axis, dodgy digital axis readings) have now gone.I'm using the drivers that came with XP, as they work fine. I'd prefer not to risk having the old problem again with Saitek's drivers.I think the problems with the Win98SE system were due to the conflicts between old drivers and recient technology ie. FS2002.Hope this is good helpful info for any others out there who are experiencing similar problems with the X36.Good luckWill

You might want to give the new Saitek Smart Technology software for XP a try. I have been using it with XP for quite a while now and have had no problems. That way you can still enjoy the programmability of the X36. (I am assuming you are using the USB verison - if not, never mind).

Sounds good.... and since my PC crapped out this weekend I just might be getting an XP-powered one in a few weeks..... If the household budget allows ;-) I am getting pretty tired of the X36 problems too.. had it running quite well for a year, but have been experiencing big problems with it lately. :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75b.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest jason2112

I use the X45, which is basically the same, with XP. I started out with the Saitek SD1.7 beta drivers, which worked without problems. The only disadvantage is the missing mode switch capability.Today I decided that I would like to control the radios without using mouse or keyboard, and as I already have assigned functions to all the buttons on the X45 (and would not like to fly without them, it's do d*** great!!!), I decided to give the Dhauzimmer Driver and Hazard Script a try. You can find out everything about it on http://saitekhelp.simhq.com/I installed everything by the book and had no problems. It took some time to get the old button assignments again, but now everything is running perfectly, and I have started trying out different configurations for modes 2+3.Don't be afraid of the configuration files for Hazard Script, they are very simple to write. Simply copy the template and start with one or two button assignments. After you've got that, adding more buttons is trivial. You can do trickier things like command cycles as well, but I haven't tested that out yet. But I'm starting to dislike the FS2002 keyboard control capabilities ...