Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

What's new in FS2004?

Do you know what's new in FS2004? or what do you think about it? Panels, scenerys, aircrafts e.t.c.Regards,EMIL

Guest sidewinder

Lets just wait and see what cfs3 has to offer instead of worrying about fs2004.

Anybody that knows anything is probably under a Non Disclosure Agreement anyway.

All I can say is that GMAX will only be supported for scenery, aircraft...looks like FSDS 2 came at a bad time...

Guest Joshieca

Some things to watch out for will be...- Live weather updates from NASA's Space Center. Microsoft has teamed up with NASA to download to your computer live weather from around the globe. The weather will be the most accurate ever, using "GLOBAS" Weather Satellites and GPS to pin-point weather down to the nearest meter. Updates can be adjusted in 5 min increments or downloaded once and saved.- Live ATC. Through a joint effort with the Global Aeronautical Traffic Enforcement group (GATE), live minute to minute updates of real aircraft positions can be downloaded to the simulator. This will enable sim users to have real time up to date information of current aircraft real world aircraft. Look outside and see a commercial jetliner and now you can fly right along side it.- Dynamic scenery like you have never encountered before. Microsoft in conjunction with the US Geological Survey Team will put into place "Dynamic Scenery". You can now log onto select servers and download real updates to the scenery in which you fly in. If theres an earthquake that fractures the earth, you get to see it. If theres an active volcano, you get see it too. The latest disasters such as floods, fires, hurricanes, tidal waves, glacial movements, and more, all "dynamically" updated in FS 2004.- Enhanced special effects. FS2004 will feature some new spectacular effects. Features such as oil slicks on the runway, blown tires, birds, plane startup smoke, and more. New airport features such as emergency vehicles, airport police, airport service vehicles, ground control and push back people, service hangers for repairs, and much more. All of these will make up FS2004 and it make it as too real as it gets!![br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

Guest RiddlePilot

Is this for real, or wishful thinking? Sounds like they might get it right this time. I'm not saying its not good already, but there's a few things left to be desired.EDIT: NAW, Can't be. I just read the whole thing through (scanned the first time)...fault lines and fractures??? Come on.

>Is this for real, or wishful thinking? I say .. the latter (for a moment I though it was April's fools day).There is no such thing as Global Aeronautical Enforcement Group. Earthquakes, floods, volcanos ... give me a brake when there are still fundamental problems with your basic everyday weather and scenery. Michael J.

Guest flightpro08

>All of these will make up FS2004 and it make it as too real as it gets!!If M$ impliments all those those features into FS2k4, we better all start upgrading our computers to nothing that than 3.5GHz. ;-) Don't think I'd mind doing that though. :DRyan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designerhttp://members.cox.net/santracon/images/san_logo.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Dude, come on! :) You had me hook, line and sinker! That was such a dream, I took the pole in too! :-lolCraig

I think we can assume that the weather effects will be improved. Also, I thought I read that they'll yet again change to a new format for the scenery files.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

That was a nasty one Joshieca. I was really daydreaming and it was nice. Shame on you.

Hey Craig.....do you want to buy a bridge???? I have a few for you! LOL! That description will be FS2010! :)Don

Nice one Joshieca!I want to fly past my own house, look through the window and see my self sitting at my desk playing flight simulator.... :)

Guest Joshieca

Hey some of those things could be really cool if they could be implemented into the sim.