Sign in to follow this  

new switzerland landclass upgrade is excellent

Here's a big thank you to its creator, Ernt Bosshard. the file is available in the avsim library. I took a flight yesterday in a convair 560 at 18000 from lugano to geneva, across the Swiss Alps with deep valleys and tiny villages below. The scenery was gorgeous, with smooth transitions. I can't wait to take a vfr flight at lower altitudes and explore this beautiful country from the sim air.Sherm

Me too.... also if you don't have any mesh try the freeware mesh by Pietro Mauri he has done Uk, france, spain and Italy (and others) .. the france and Italy includes switzerland aswell.. Its not too detailed and is great for performance... suisse takes on a whole new dimension with mesh and landclass.. I love it! oh! and I mustn't forget Gerrish's replacement europe autogen buildings.We need more of these landclass files.....Thanks you guys!:-)Pete

Guest Edam

Definitely a nice mountainous flight, in fact I flew it twice, once at FL180 and again at FL150. A hairy takeoff too. It's too bad that it was a bit overcast using Real World (FSMeteo) weather, but something to look forward to even more when it's a little clearer.

I second that, particularly with Lago's mesh. Just a little shot to put some emphasis (hope it's OK). LSGS valley is not empty any longer.

Guest emergency_pants

yeah.. I love the Lago Mesh.. it's really good. And with the landclass addition, it's a very good place to fly.I'm currently flying a FS tour of Switzerland... taking-in every airport in the country... there are some great approaches and take-offs... and in the Piper ArcherII, it's not straightforward flying!! Having to fly quite some way around the valleys to get enough altitude to pass over the ridges. Nice.Cheers,Simon.

Flying over switzerland is one of my favourites as well. Yesterday I crossed the alps at FL250 in PSS A319 starting from EDDF to genova/italy (ISD project freeware airprt scenery)... very very nice. Was a test flight for FS LandCLass Europe which I got yesterday.The ILS approach into LIMJ was quite difficult - because it is not straight but slightly to the left (2-3 degrees deviation). They did it, as stated in the manual, because of the harbour area which would otherwise be directly underneath the short final (talk about noise/pollution). Eventually I was frightened and assumed control in the autopilots stead :-) and landed manually... sigh!Anyway, my question was, how does this freeware Landclass compare to FS LandClass? It is a huge improvement, and I am going to add some mesh to that particular area. Just wondering.....ru,celticmatrix

I can't believe that he was able to use my proggie, Landclass Assistant, for the update. I never envisioned the program being used for such a large scale update! What a work of patience and art on his behalf!-John

As far as I'm concerned your Landclass, along with ActiveCam and RealAir's SF260, wins the Award of best add-on of the decade. I would add some on the Fly! side, but it seems to be gone.