Sign in to follow this  
Sarge27

Win XP HOME - FS2002 - Multi-Monitors

Following on from another thread I would like to request some further info and kill this issue once and for all.For the purpose of this query, by Multi-Monitors I mean three monitors and three graphics cards (not cards with dual outputs), i.e., One AGP and Two PCI in the same PC.According to the MS Website (Q307873) and two articles in well-known PC magazines only Windows XP PRO supports this kind of multi_Monitor setup. However, in the earlier thread two contributor here say they are running FS2002 multi-monitor in XP HOME albeit with a bit of ingenius trickery.What I would like to know is how many simmers are running FS2002 with three separate cards using Win XP Home and did they have to do anything special to get them to work together?Pat

If you're using one AGP and two PCI cards, you shouldn't have to resort to trickery because even Windows 98 supports up to four video cards.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Peter,I know Win98 does - I've been using three monitors/three cards.The point that the magazines were making was that it was a retrograde step for Win XP Home NOT to allow this setup since it was allowable in Win98 and that is why I'm asking the question above. So I really need answers from people who are actually using Win XP Home with three monitors/three cards or who have found that it doesn't work.Pat

I've been using Windows XP HOME with 3 video cards with no problem (1 AGP Geforce 4, 1 PCI TNT2 M64 and 1 PCI Matrox Millenium).There are no tricks or anything to get it working. Initially, before XP was released, only the PRO version was to have multi-monitor support. Microsoft, however, back-tracked and incorporated it into the HOME edition. You still, every now and then, read about the HOME edition not allowing multi-monitor support. NOT TRUE!Let me assure you, XP HOME edition allows multi-monitor support 'out of the box'.Best wishes,Darren

Be careful not to use Sis based cards. In that case you will only be able to use two monitors, setting the pci as primary in the BIOS. I now have two TNT2 pci plus a Gfoece 4 Ti4400 dual output for a total of four monitors. Works great! Best, Jaime

Darren and Jaime,Thank you very much indeed. Issue now fully resolved.Pat

No problem here....GF4 AGP and two cheap PCI cards, works fine without adjustment on XP Home.Mark