Sign in to follow this  

An open letter to Tom and the Avsim staff

How's that grab ya....Doesn't surprise me at all Mike, actually I don't fly your planes anyway, not saying there not nice, just haven't used them ;-)As I said above, I knew you would be back ;-)))LOL

I'm about as impressed with this action, as when Steve Small and Ron Freimuth pulled their air.files. Take away from hundreds and perhaps thousands to get back at a few.. And then "screw" the hospitality of the web host's in the process.Since we all get uptight (as we did last week), sit back and think about it for a moment. How many times do we wish we can "edit" before too many read it first? I know I've done it enough times!L.Adamson

Jeez, Mike, slow down. You know all too well that these threads always spiral lavatorially, so where it's going is no surprise. But it's really not worth it. Thousands of people love your work, and you have a good reputation. I, for one, hope you'll keep it.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Mike, as I mentioned before, my idea is that you need turmoil, its just ur personality. This post is further evidence. I'd guess this is three times you've pulled ur files and gone home.Each time scads of folks beg you back, and you have a tearful homecoming. Soap Opera.Bob B

Guest CharlesH

Yes, AVSIM is the best flight simming source out there. But to call names like "crybaby" should not be tolerated. Do you have act childish and call people names now? What's next? What ever happened to simple respect and professionalism? There are alot of people that bring problems up are they too be labled like this? This is not right. I fully support Mike Stone. Charles

Guest CharlesH

Bob B:Your comments are quite harsh. What ever happened to simple kindness and respect? Soap Opera, I don't think so. Actually it quite sad. Sad indeed. Don't we have better things in this world to worry about then this sort of stuff. Actually, its childish. Charles

I just thought it might limit the amount of this sillyness if we recongized it for what it is....Certainly wouldn't think it soap opera if it wasn't a trend, consistent repetition. B

Guest CharlesH

What does I fully support Mike Stone mean? Well, I admire him for all of this talent in making those fine planes that I enjoy very much. I support him in his effort to make sure that is copyright is protected. I support him as a human being. I respect him. Does this answer your question?Charles

Have watched this pathetic thread over the past few days.This hobby is on a downhill slide. Driven by egotistical delusions of grandeur due to an incredible amount of downloads by a majority who know not what they are downloading, or an incredible readership due to posts asking simple questions of the most basic nature or an opportunity to flame ..... two parties who see fit to hint at airing their dirty laundry in public, obviously with nothing better to do with their time but count the scores in their favour. Not quite there yet? So close yet so far? Not that far and all part of a trend.In amongst all this are (what sometimes appears to be) a minority, coming here for freeware items of which they are truely grateful and appreciative of. Combine this with forum participants, eager to help whilst wading through the one upmanship that others love to dish out behind the safety of their screen. Memories of forums gone by when we were appreciative just for the opportunity to mix with or help enthusiasts who share our hobby. Some call it the old school. I call it the good old days. The days when the likes of the Compuserve FS forum was full of people trying to help and encourage each other and mutual respect was the norm. Days when users were grateful for the forums and as grateful for the software, no matter how bad it may have appeared. Days when it cost us a fortune just to be online and it was more important to say thanks rather than score points.You can stick this continual "one-upmanship" where the sun dont shine kiddies because if many of you had not noticed this week there are more serious problems in the world! Some of you cried "foul" when the WTC got slammed but I see not one of you who so "proudly" wore your banners a year ago mention what is going on this week. Do you know? Do you give a damn? I doubt it. You are all too busy fighting each other before retiring to the safety of your beds! As I said this hobby is going downhill and so are the majority of players.All I can say is get a life ..... or at least respect others without trying to stoop to childish levels. This hobby is too important, or at least I used to think so.END RANT ...... REALLY P*SSED AT THE WAY THIS HOBBY IS GOING!

There was absolutely no need to post this "open letter" in the forums, Mike. I hope that you think about for a moment, how you would feel, if you were the AVSIM staff. I know that at least, if I were the AVSIM staff, I wouldn't really like this either. But your publicising this is just... inappropriate.As for pulling your files off AVSIM, yes, it will be a hit to them, however a much greater one it will be to you. It seems that you don't really like the people who "take, take and give back nothing", but I don't think most aircraft designers would ever have had such a thought...Although I tend to fly other aircraft made by larger groups of aircraft designers, your aircraft are quite high in quality considering that you are making them with your own individual efforts. I am sure you will keep many people happy with your talents if you do not shut yourself away.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Guest gasebah

There sure is a big difference between this and a soap opera. In a usual soap opera a new character will be introduced at least once every few month, because else they would become boring pretty fast.Alex

Guest Franken

You have produced som very fine aircraft Mr. Stone (I have most of them), but for some reason I don't feel like flying them anymore...