Sign in to follow this  

An open letter to Tom and the Avsim staff

Worth more than 2p's i feel :)I feel Avsim is a Great site and I really the enjoyment I have had from being a part of it .But My enthusiasm has been severily damaged by the few Idiotes that live in this site like Dominique ,gasebah, Ray, SamBob, mgdbottled JeffCole,Piper22 ,Fred Michaels, bob 5568 Who seem to enjoy making people feel small and really serve no perpose at all ,unlike People like mike stone who bring pleasure to thousands of people .I guess this is reflected all over Socieoty where a talanted person is hounded by the talentless who wish to get there Fame by bringing down the Star.Well it is a simple choise as I see it treat people nice and they are happy ,treat them bad and they leave .All will be left at this great site is people like I mentioned above and what a great place this will be then !Mike Stone Is a True Star for all he has done and if i never saw anybody again He is the one I would miss the most.You make them MIke and I will paint them .Seeya soon Anniette xxxxxxx

>I guess this is reflected all over Socieoty where a talanted >person is hounded by the talentless who wish to get there >Fame by bringing down the Star. >Mike Stone Is a True Star for all he has done Aniette,I tried to keep out of this dicussion, but now you are getting too pathetic! Nobody is star around here, and even if there would be stars around, should they be taboo for criticism?I think what ANZ121 wrote is not too far away from the truth:"Driven by egotistical delusions of grandeur due to an incredible amount of downloads by a majority who know not what they are downloading"What is critizesed by the posters is Mike's decission to go public, nothing else. Neither his aircraft, nor his decisseion to change the host of his site.I also criticized your going public, when somebody "stole" your - I think it was the PanAm - logo.I was educated to try solving my problems by myself in first instance. What Mike does and what you did is the behaviour of spoilt children and it reminds on my days at primary school, where their were kids who made things out with their mates and others who run to the teachers with every little problem (Ms, Ms, Peter has taken my pencil..!) I think I do not have to tell you which way I prefer.Now, you may say, we do not know what was going on between Mike and AVSIM behind the curtain. Yes, we do not know! But Mike went public first and therefore he has to stand the different opinions basing on the rather cryptic informations he provided.Wolfgang

Hey Wolfgang old buddy. I got a note overnight from Avsim asking me to reconsider pulling my files. I was sitting here this morning considering it. Then I browsed the thread and saw that you and the other vultures just couldn't wait to swoop in and pick at the carcass. I'm told that I should engage in adult discussion to settle my issues privately and in a mature manner. Then you say things lik "you are getting too pathetic", "egotistical delusions of grandeur" and "behavior of spoiled children". Examples of the mature dialog I'm supposed to engage in????Thank you my friend, you and the rest of the wolfpack have convinced me that I made the right decision.Well, I gotta go. I see another wave of vultures waiting there turn.Mike Stone

Guest Paul_W

>But My enthusiasm has been severily damaged by the few >Idiotes that live in this site like Dominique ,gasebah, Ray, >SamBob, mgdbottled JeffCole,Piper22 ,Fred Michaels, bob 5568 >Who seem to enjoy making people feel small and really serve >no perpose at all ,unlike People like mike stone who bring >pleasure to thousands of people . So, you've just singled out a group of users here by name and labelled them in black and white as "idiots."That's totally offensive.Disagree with them, point out the flaws in their reasoning--but don't label them and question their motives.I don't know how many times the moderators have to say that name-calling and insults won't be tolerated, but apparently it has to be said one more time....

As I said this hobby is going downhill and so are the majority of players.All I can say is get a life Oh, this isn't one upmanship? This is having respect? This is helping this hobby?

My enthusiasm has been severily damaged by the few Idiotes that live in this site like Dominique ,gasebah, Ray, SamBob, mgdbottled JeffCole,Piper22 ,Fred Michaels, bob 5568 Who seem to enjoy making people feel small and really serve no perpose at all ,unlike People like mike stone who bring pleasure to thousands of people .Well Anniette, you haven't seen most of my posts then, esp. over at BFU. I've also seen this "B.S." Posted too many times by the same individual. Now he is placing a "Private" matter into a "Public" forum and we are supposed to feel bad or support him. I'm sorry, but no matter who you are, what you have created or what you have done before there is no excuse for airing your private dirty laundry in a public forum.Did he really think it wouldn't come to this? Maybe....maybe he thought a bunch of his buddies would come crying to his side and beg him to stay. That's all I see here. AVSIM obviously has "Their side" of the story and they didn't see fit to air it in this very Public forum, why did Mike????If that makes me an idiot you are free to your opinion Anniette.

What is your "motive"I am wondering ?Well My "Idiote"List is growing bigger By the minute and I Never Judge People Lightly ,but when I see the same names over and again as I have already Mentioned ,Complaining and Points making in there comments and Calling people Names to try and appear Humourous (Failing sadly) then what else conclusion can I reach other than these people are Idiotes?I do not give a Care in the world to you people ,but I do care about this Avsim becoming another Victim of you people and all the Really Good people who visit here Becoming Put off by your Negative and Pathetic attempts at being Popular without doing anything that means much effort.I care about this Place and I feel Idiotes was a Restrained use of your Language :)Anyway I have pets to clean upAnniette xxxxxxxx

What I want to know is why this thread has gotten to the point that it is at. This should have been stopped way before it got to this point. I have seen threads stopped for way less then this. Don

Guest Paul_W

>What is your "motive"I am wondering ? It's to visit a place where there's a business-like and informed exchange of information and ideas, and to learn from it and occasionally contribute to it.>Well My "Idiote"List is growing bigger By the minute and I >Never Judge People LightlyI too have formed impressions of many of the folks who contribute here; where those opinions are negative, I don't share them or make them public. I don't engage in name-calling, and emphatically recommend that other people either don't, or quit doing it if they're in the habit of doing so. But when there's an obvious negative trend going on it's sometimes constructive to point it out. That's what several people have tried to do in this thread. And frankly it's overdue.>I care about this PlaceWell then perhaps you should pay attention to the basic rules of civility and refrain from calling people you disagree with nasty names, just as the moderators so frequently advise.And in case Mike reads this, I'd like to wish him well. I've given him credit for his intelligent writings here, and he clearly has an uncommon ability to contribute thoughtfully. My only concern is with what I believe has been a distracting personality-centered phenomenon going on for some time around here, that's all. It's a phenomenon, not a person. Again, I just want to wish Mike the best, especially health-wise.

>and saw that you and the other vultures just couldn't wait >to swoop in and pick at the carcass. Do you really think, that people here (incl. myself) have nothing better to do, than just waiting for another thread giving them the opportunity of flaming Mike Stone again? Don't you think, aou are taking yourself too important? In the beginning of this thread I was just a curious NEUTRAL reader and just second somebody's opinion, that it is not a good idea putting the whole matter into public. But after Anniett's post (maybe it was just her french temper which made her writing this) I could not resist.>Thank you my friend, you and the rest of the wolfpack have >convinced me that I made the right decision. It's a nice idea beeing a vulture amongst wolves, I'm just not sure, if this is biologically possible :-) .Wolfgang

I do not get involved in the discussion between Mike and Avsim - that is their own bussiness - howewer - Perhaps is Mike's time to move on and progress into what he likes to be - that is a natural path for every author which produce FS addons - and wish the best of luck in whatever he will do.Regarding Anniette - is the comments as above that make me understand that far too often you get out of order - in your forum discussions.Ray

Guest Toni Rauch

What started out as Mike Stone explaining to the community his decision to 'leave' AVSIM has turned into a ludicrous cat fight where there can clearly be no winners.What happened between Mike and AVSIM is their business. Mike has not gone into detail, and AVSIM have not responded publically. This is between Mike and AVSIM only, and any 'judging' of the facts is therefore ludicrous since the only people who know them are those involved.So why hit out at Mike? He was just saying a polite 'goodbye'.Why hit out at AVSIM? They've said nothing at all.Why have a go at Anniette personally, or anyone else who's not directly involved? This forum, like all others, can only flourish with the goodwill of the hosts and responsible support by contributors. That means intelligent comment and adult behaviour. The forum is not a place to beat up innocent people who contribute so much for little or no personal gain.Mike has every right to post his message here - he, like everyone else, shouldn't be slammed for doing so.But comments suggesting certain people have 'delusions of grandeur' or are 'filled with their own importance' are of no benefit to anyone.I.M.H.O.Toni.

Guest B52Drivr

Nice Post FredPost again . . . perhaps in about 10 years. Perhaps by then we will still have some freeware designers left for you to run off.Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com