Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

MY TRAFFIC

i just got this add-on and am very impressed with it....it effectivly makes the skies and airports VERY busy and your skies will be filled with real airlines...and real planes...the airlines hub cities are filled with planes, and they are ALL AI planes...not static aircraft, this goes for european airports also....and i did check hong kong, and it was packed also.The only downside to this add on..(and i dont see much of an issue here) is the AI planes use a low res paint job, and in some cases are not exact duplications of the real world airline, i suspect this is due to the authors desire to have low res on the planes for FPS puposes. Other than that, if you want realistic AI traffic...get My Traffichttp://www.simmarket.com/online/mytraffic/theres the link for more info

Interesting! Do you have any addon airports, and does it work okay for them. I am wondering how well it will do with Wilco's new Airport 2002 when it is finally released.Robbie

I got it last night and went to my class B airport of Detroit Metro-I was very impressed with the type of airlines, amounts etc.-very cool. I next went to the 2nd busiest airport in Michigan of ptk-a class D airport-there were no aircraft at all! Then I went to my home airport of fnt (class c) and tried a jaunt to Detroit City (class d)-again no aircraft at all!I don't know if I was unlucky-or if because there are no scheduled commercial aircraft (or hardly any) to these other airports that no traffic is generated. It seems at first glance this program is mostly for the main hubs and commercial traffic-it sure would be nice to see tons of Ga aircraft, cargo, and small commuters at these others-especially the busy ones that almost match the big hubs in traffic.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Guest JDH

Well, if I had paid out 30 Euros for this and then seen, for example, UAL from Project AI, I would be most annoyed!!Look at their screenshots on the website and the United 737! I could repaint better than that!! A 5 year old could do better than that!!

I read on their forum (or faq, or somewhere) that you have to make sure your atc slider is set to 100% or you may not see ga traffic. It also apparently takes 5 or 10 minutes for traffic at a particular airport to get busy. Also, once you figure out how their file system works, you can add more planes and flights using ttools or AOM or other traffic.bgl editors.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]

Guest B52Drivr

JDH,Well, some of us don't have time for repaints, nor time to fool around with Ai...some of us, even us 'retired' guys, have a busy schedule and when we wish to fly, we fly, not fool around with codes and such.I bought it because it supplied Ai traffic, with something as simple as a download, with little frame rate hit. And don't tell me to buy a new computer, cause I just upgraded to a 2.6 P4, but with all the programs I have running with it, things do get bogged down a bit. For me, it was worth the bucks, for you, maybe not. That's what makes living in a free country so wonderful . . . if you wish to do something, do it......if not, then don't. Best to you and yoursClayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Gee-what about this quote from the MyTraffic faq?:"I noticed that you are using aircraft from ProjectAI, a freeware group. Isn

HI All,Just my two cents...MYTraffic is a great program if you want to see all kinds of traffic taxing around airports in tons of liveries. It took a few minutes to install with a few clicks of the mouse button. Then I had all kinds of traffic everywhere...just that simple. Please keep in mind if you do not like AI Traffic...please do not get this program.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind Regardshttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav700_banner.gif

Vl3MQY.png

Hi Major,How detailed do you use your settings and what kind of frame rates do you get? When do things get bogged down? The reason I am asking is that in the next few months, I am going to upgrade my computer, and I want to know what kind CPU/Mhz to shoot for.Thanks,Robbie

Guest H_Kev55

PAI repaints are not meant to be eye-candy.They are like that to promote higher frame rates when the aircraft is in sight.KJ

I've looked at the My Traffic PDF manual, but couldn't find any listing of airports supported by My Traffic. From the various posts it sounds like major airports worldwide.I live close D.C. near Dulles....I'm sure that airport will have plenty of traffic, but would my local airport near Dulles (KHEF) also see increased AI traffic as well? I there a list of airports somewhere that I've missed?Thanks, Steve J.

Hi Geof,If you open up the folder FS2002/SCENEDB/MyTrafficAFD/Scenery, you find all airports which have traffic with My Traffic. They are all in BGL format.However, remember that My Traffic Editor is soon to be released. With that tool you can easily put traffic in any airport.Fly safe,Staffan AhlbergFreeware Flight GroupStockholm/Sweden/ESSA

Staffan

Thanks, Staffan...but is there a list accessible for review before purchasing the program?

Guest United

Are covered, but nothing much smaller than KPSP (I don't think).......487 airports worldwide, but there is no "list" per se. As has been already stated, the upcoming editor will allow for adding one's own traffic in whatever field you want.