Sign in to follow this  

FLYING OUT OF FUEL

Guest RonB49

Fly higher, fly slower, fly leaner, fly . . . R-

I was flying with 737-300 and I think I spent too much fuel during departure or I didn

Its called planning your flight properly, making sure the aircraft has fuel to fly the route. Are you flying props or jets?

Guest RiddlePilot

25 gallons???. Might wanna try 250 gallons.

>>I was flying with 737-300 and I think I spent too much fuel during departure or I didn

The Title Reads: FLYING OUT OF FUELCan you Fly Without Fuel? Nope :)But you can glide...(to the nearest airport, road,field, ocean, etc, though) for an emergency landing....And for: What can I do to save fuel?Saving Fuel...Saving Fuel...Well, you cant really tell the plane to stop using fuel without losing airspeed, altitiude, lift which would eventually lead to a crash...So basically, load enough fuel, have the flight planned out, have enough fuel incase you have to divert. Remember This! The only time you have too much fuel is when your on fire.***********DISCLAIMER**********(For This Post)I know im young, but I know what im talking about, so please dont deny my info becuase of my age. :D

I think the big jets use pounds of fuel and not gallons.Make sure you log the engine-out time, good pratice!

A lot of times, I will fly the default 737-400 from ATL to LAX and both the L and R fuel tanks will be empty by the time I am over Arizona. However, there is always fuel in the center tank which does not have a gauge but is listed in the option in the FS2002 bar menu.

Glide? LOL, Ok I wont flame you because of your age, but a 737 glides like a lead balloon. Remember the Avianca 737 that crashed because it ran out of fuel? It was about 10 miles from the airport.Smalled aircraft have better glide performance than big bulky metal (excuse me aluminum jets)One other thing, if you really dont want flames, dont add disclaimers, that you are young and know a whole lot, because you will get flamed. Dave

Not to stick up for the little guy or nothing....but....didn't that Canadian Charter company GLIDE a large jet (330 i think) from cruise to the azores last year?of course i think it was pilot error, i.e. make sure you have enough fuel - it is the stupidest way to kill yourself.