Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Curious? Military bases

With all of the AI floating around, has anyone added military ai to air force bases anywhere?Cas

That is a really interesting question! I hope someone can answer it. The closest I've come is flying (trying to fly) a BUFF out of Edwards AFB. :)

AFCAD is good, what about flights and Military AI aircraft?Cas

There's a few packages out there. I forget the names, but theres at least two sets of AFCAD files for military bases, and at least two sets of AI flightplans, one for the southeast Pacific area and one for the central US. Finding tha aircraft can be kind of tricky, though.

Guest P3_Super_Bee

I downloaded a AFCAD file awile back for Andersen AFB on Guam. It came with ai flightplans and aircraft. F-15, B-52, E-3, and KC-135 were included. Though the aircraft models are FSDS so there are no landing gear when aircraft are on the ground. And very unrealistic as none of these aircraft are currently stationed in Guam. I thing its neat to see some military aircraft flying in the skys of MSFS as AI. Sorry can't think of the file name but got it here at avsim.:-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2fs.jpg

I'm getting ready to do some building. Right now I got aCharleston and McChord C-17, a C5 (forget from where) andwill be adding a couple tankers (KC-10 and 135).I'm working on AFCAD of a modified PHNL/PHIK that came withLagos PHNL airport addon. It has a couple of ramp spotson Hickam but I will be adding some more. Then I will work onKSUU, maybe PGUM and RJTY. If I can get a DC8 maybe I will add insome PJON traffic (I kind of like flying out to the middle ofnowhere!)Of course, if it's a C-5 route, need some way to cancel it3 or 4 times before it goes :)scott s..