Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

Why so complicated?

Guest Jason210

I've been using AVSIM on and off for about 6 years. Then you guys fixed it so that if it you don't use it for while, you account is disabled. Fine. I can understand that. What I don't get is why you can't just re-enable it. Or why don't you just delete the account to we can re-register with our original names?Now-a-days, all the forums are moderated and I'm not sure what the criteria is for rejecting posts, but I just posted one about the BAe 146 freeware plane, saying how good I thought it was, and the post never appeared. Also, I find my earlier posts are deleted after barely a week has passed, so I can't go back and check. And yet I see stupid post wars going up about the Ariane saga and people wasting time and server resources with that.I'm sorry, I'm lost here now. Aren't you guys over-doing things a bit? Isn't it all a bit too much? Over moderated, I mean?

Go to the user menu and set your preferences for viewing messages older than a week. That will go a long way to resolving your issues and will show your messages - none of which to my knowledge have been deleted.

So Tom, what is the answer to jason210's 1st question? I to find it cumbersome to have to post every 2 or 3 months or whatever it is. I frequent serveal non aviation websites and this is not a concern.JimCYWG