Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

locking zoom levels for 2D and virtual cockpit?

Does anyone know what values to change to lock the zoom values for both the 2D and VC (different zoom levels) to a different default value? I have found some info about how to do it on the 2D, but not on the VC. Can this be done per plane or is a sim wide change? Kinda a pain to have to adjust that each time I get into a plane I fly via VC :)Thanks!

Guest Heather 636

*** bump ***Wouldn't mind an answer to that one myself as I too always adjust view perspectives as soon as I enter an aircraft.Regards,Heather

Thanks. I have looked there but have been unable to find how to edit an airplane's aircraft.cfg file with virtual cockpit zoom setting...just the 2D cockpit. Anyone know the syntax for setting the default virtual cockpit zoom value per aircraft (not per flight)?

For the virtual cockpit zoom, one may set it to what ever you like, and then save that flight as the default. The next time you open flight sim, the virtual panel will be at whatever zoom level you set. It will do the same for the 2D panel, however I have had the 2D panel to sometimes change itself on it own. Be aware that whatever you set the VC to, (I set mine at 75%), It will stay the same for other aircraft that you change to, however the changed aircraft may require a different setting than your default craft did, in order to look correct.

I don't think you can do it for each aircraft permanently. You can change it in the panel when you load the aircraft and it will stay for that flight by pressing "shift/+ or -" while in the VC. Maybe this is what you are looking for. Go to the aircraft CFG and scroll down to the "eyepoint" setting. Those numbers will adjust the VC for up/down, left/right and dist. from panel. Try changing those numbers, you may get what you want. I recommend you backup what's there before you start changing anything as it can get away from you very easy.What I do is put an ; infront of that line and make another entry to play with. That way I always know what my reference is and can go back if I have to. I believe the numbers equate to: up/down, left/right and dist.maxsdad

Thanks for the replies folks. Will check out those tips this evening.

I believe the VC cockpit eyepoint (zoom, if you like) is contained in the aircraft.cfg file:&l;Views&r;eyepoint=43.7, -1.31, 4 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datumThe 2D panel zoom is contained in the panel.cfg:&l;VIEWS&r;VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=4.0, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.8Download the aircraftcontainersdk.exe and the aircraftpanel_sdk.exe from http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.asp for more explanations and options.