Sign in to follow this  

Realistic Crahes

Is there a way when you crash a plane on FS2002 that parts of the plane fall of. I have seen a form on this a long time ago but i can't find anything. Thanks Scotthoss

Sure there is, but the point of the game is to avoid crashing ;).If you really want it, search the major FS sites for "visual damage".

To do 'realistic' crashes would probably be much more difficult to do than the flight simulation itself. I suggest you invest more time in learning how to fly properly so you don't need to see crashes ;-) Michael J.

I believe you can do it by adding the following line to aircraft.org under [flightsim.x] section:visual_damage=1The real reason this feature was removed was because of the horrific images of September 11th. The visual damages are primarily for building crashes, and nobody wants to see that now.

just to clarify, in the aircraft.cfg file, under each variation, add that line, visual_damage=1so if you have [fltsim.0], [fltsim.1], etc, then at the end of each of those sections add the line, then no matter what paint scheme you choose, visual damage will be enabled. again, add the line as the last line under the sections that begin [fltsim.x].

Crashbak3a.zip on this site will impress you with the crash effects.thanks,grantbovee@hotmail.com

>To do 'realistic' crashes would probably be much more>difficult to do than the flight simulation itself. I suggest>you invest more time in learning how to fly properly so you>don't need to see crashes ;-)You are missing the point! It's like playing Nascar and going around the track backwards! *grin* (uh, ahem, not that I would do, or ever have done such a thing in Nascar *lying-through-my-teeth-salesman-grin*)

Maybe you'd also like your house to erupt in flames and your body torn to shreds when you crash?That would really be realistic...

'Aw, come on, this guy's probably thirteen and just in the wrong game. There are plenty of video games out there for him to go about wrecking the universe with all the blood and gore that seems to have to go with it these days. In the old days one just won wars and had a cup of tea.Trev Morson came up with a good idea, though; that FS ought to be disabled for a week whenever pilot error caused an aircraft to crash. I like the theory, as it would certainly make a lot of people try harder, but of course FS crashes for so many oddball reasons that it would hardly be fair in most cases!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest freequest

Yep Mark thats right I sometimes just have to look at a tree and rev the engins and i crash :)

>You are missing the point! It's like playing Nascar and going>around the track backwards! I think you are missing another very important point:FS2002 is a SIMULATION and not just another game like Nascar!I guess also in the multi million simulators, which are used by the airlines for pilot training, crashes will not be simulated.Wolfgang :-wave

>>You are missing the point! It's like playing Nascar and>going>>around the track backwards! >>I think you are missing another very important point:>FS2002 is a SIMULATION and not just another game like Nascar!I disagree (and I'm only a casual Nascar user). Nascar is a SIMULATION as well! Have you seen Papyrus's last Nascar? Have you tried adjusting wedge, camber, etc, etc, etc? Have you seen the physics involved? Have you ever heard about whole tournements online? (I've not been in one mind you *grin*). I think that you like me, would be amazed at how much more there is to the program than "go fast-turn left.")