Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob I

i DARE you to try to land here...check the pics

clearly the most dangerous airport on the earth, at least on the earth microsoft created...sometimes the mix up between mesh data and airport data proves to be fun.this is Banff, in British Columbia, Canada.hmm...something's changed since the last time i tried to post with pictures...hope this works..i'd be curious to see what the biggest aircraft is that any of you can manage to land on this strip and stop in time.the last pic is what you see if your approach is too low...and trust me, you don't want to run off the end, either :)

oh you're kidding me!!!you didn't just slew there?jeez, i can't even get in there with the FSD Cheyenne and you're telling me you did it with a 747??thanks, man, now I'm gonna be up all night trying to do that!!!;)

Don't beat yourself up to bad, Hornit is a real world driver so he can beat all of us!

Eric 

Welp, Im not a heavy driver, but I thought I would try it anyway....I had to try it a second time because the first time I hit my mains on the cliff edge of the runway over the threshold. I had to take Hornits advice about the fuel, if you leave the tanks topped, youll never get airborn. Its really not all that tough, most of you should be able to do it, especially those of you who fly this aircraft often.CraigEDIT: Notice the windsock placement in the first pic, Im not goin down there, does this place have AWOS? :-lol I came to a complete stop in that position in the last pic.

LOL, piece of cake, try Table Rock, Oregon or SESM in Peru ;-))

Cool,was there about a year back.Banff,by the way is in alberta.Gotta try it in the 747 though looks like a blast.:-lol

Guest Smiley

One of my favorite airports to practice flying to/from in a newly downloaded aircraft is Tillamook Oregon on the coast. The field is flat with some small hills to the south of the airport more than 1/2 mile away (in real life). In MSFS2002 the runway is settled into the terrain about 200 feet making it difficult to land anything that needs a glide slope, high speed and the full length of the runway. I though Banff was an international airport ? Or is the one you are talking about a small GA airport in the outer lying area of Banff ?

Banff is in Alberta,I was there last summer (about two months ago) and have seen the airport.it looks like this is just a mesh error,because it's a normal flat grasstrip in real life,nothing special really

Banff is a real popular travel destination,but it,s just a small town.About 10000 people or so.Closest international airport,Cyyc.Hour and a half.

I think Dave_KDEN made a fix for this at one point with flatten in the scenery cfg file.. I've been looking for it but can't find it anywhere...anyone know what the flatten switches are?Chris

Guest Bob I

Flatten.0=4583.0,N51 12.76,W115 32.35,N51 12.53,W115 31.37,N51 11.43,W115 31.98,N51 11.54,W115 33.12Bob