Sign in to follow this  
akriesman

Which GF is best for Flight Sim?

I was wondering which GForce is best for FS2002Ti4200/4400/4600am I better of save my money and buy the 4200 over lets say 4600 because I will see no difference or would ther be a difference in performance, prices for those are about $100 appart.I was looking at ASUS cards models V8420/V8440/V8460 with 128MB RAMI currently own ASUS GF2 GTS 64MB RAM and I am very happy with it never had problems so I would stick with ASUS. New card would go for my new system.Mostly I was just wondering about the benefit of the Ti version is it worth the extra moneyJust to give idea the system would be as follows:MOBO: ASUS P4PE Intel845PE ChipsetCPU: Intel P4 2.4GHz/512KB/533FSB 478Pin (unless the above mobo doesn't support this slow of a CPU then I will go with slowest one it will support)RAM: 512MB RAM PC2700 @ 333MHzand ofcourse other junk irrelevant HD, SND etc.Thanks for any advice.AndyPS:My Budget is not highly limited but I ain't no millioner either and $100 isn't exactly packet change for me :D, but I do not mind to pay extra for extra performance. I care for FlightSim relevant performance only. No Quakes etc... :-)Thank you again for your info.

I got the LeadTek 4200 model and am VERY happy with it... If you like overclocking and pushing the limits of hardware, the 4200 can be pushed not to far behind a 4600 model! Go with a 4200 , you won't be disappointed.Chris

Guest Joshieca

I would agree for FS2K2 and CFS2K3 the Ti4200 would do just fine...but unless your in a big rush I would wait about two to three more months and see what the next gen of NVidia cards hold.The NV30 series will be out then (12/02 - 1/03). They will offer the next gen Direct X 9 cards. Allowing you to fully utilize the next gen of games and FS2K4 will surely be using DX9.[br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

Andy, I agree with the others. The 4200 is a terrific buy for the money right now.Also, if you have a spare monitor, the NView feature is terrific for flight sims. You can move your panel to one monitor, and leave the other for outside views. I use a cheap 15" monitor for the panels. I have a good quality 19" on top of the 15" for the outside views. The effect is terrific, and the multi-view feature does not seem to affect frame rates much, if at all.Just thought I would throw this out.Allen