Sign in to follow this  

OT - Is Avsim American?

As an American, I have to say after traveling to Greece, Turkey, and Germany, the entire world (at least what I've seen) is beautiful and interesting. Yep...we are all flight sim fanatics and that supersedes all borders and nationalities.

Guest B52Drivr

Yes, we all are from the planet Earth . . . and Humans, well, cept for all those folks on X-Files, but like E.T., I'm sure they phone home occasionally . . . don't they?sorry gang, couldn't resist Please forgive the momentairy loss of reality . . .? Too many years of savoring JP4 fumes.Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com.......(which isn't working worth a **** tonight)

Guest CharlesH

Flight simmulation crosses all bounders and countries and even nationalities, that what make it interesting and rewarding. People from all round the world come here to AVSIM. Charles

Why dont we all just say Hello :-) to each other, help or converse with each other, forget about the the "other(s)" site, ( spending more than 2 mins to log in is... ??? ) and just be thankfull Tom and his crew are doing a fantabulous job here. Whether its American or not makes no diff. As for being American well.... Different forum. Different site. The whole deal is..... ( I hope I get this right ) Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return.Leonardo da Vinci For many FS hobbyists/junkies that taste can drive us crazy. Even if it means that the true taste cannot be had. AVSIM provides us with the all the sources for the ingredients in the recipe to make the taste. Our dream is the full course. Thank You AVSIM Team! Mike, if you'e leaving us, best wishes and THANK-YOU too !! You da man ! Regards,Roman[link:www.packers.com]GREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Well, Mike is American, and the responder is too, so taking things in an American context is not too far out of the line.

I don't think it really matters if Mike or AVSIM are American. I have taken this sentence as a figure of speech.Irrespective however of the fact that AVSIM was founded by an American and is based in the US, the services provided by AVSIM are provided to a world community, not just one country and it's citizens in particular, which is what really makes the beauty of it all. By and large the whole community profits from the services provided by AVSIM. If you have lately had a look at the site activity statistics provided by AVSIM I believe you will agree with me that it would be impossible to find what you are looking for to enhance your flightsimming hobby without sites like AVSIM or others that pool information and provide it for the users of the site to grab, free of charge mind you! You can not possibly as an individual keep up to date with all what is going on in our hobby, let alone exchange information or help each other without such places.Personally I am a little bit sad that a hobby that for years has united people all over the world and brought them closer together all of a sudden seems to be going the other way and instead of trying to understand other people, their mentalities and ways of expressing themselves there is a growing trend, not just here on AVSIM but also in other forums and sites, to view things in black and white instead of the many shades of gray that exist inbetween.AVSIM is providing this service free of charge to everybody around the world, and as such has every right to set the rules and code of conduct according to what the people that run this website and it's features deem appropriate. These rules are to be followed by all users and, in my opinion, not there to restrict the personal freedom of opionion but rather to channel the way those opinions are voiced in a constructive and and civlized manner. Let's just all accept it to be just so and act accordingly when we write something!If everybody tried to stick to that prerogative, then there would be a lot more harmony on this and other forums and all of us could focus on why we come here in the first place - to seek and information about flightsimming, nothing more, nothing less.Everybody has an opinion and the right to make this opinion known, as long as this happens within the rules set out by the people who actually provide the service and pay for the infrastructure where you want to do this. Nothing will ever change that and IMHO people should think carefully about this before posting some of the posts we have all seen over the last couple of days or responding to them.Let's stop this now and go back to flightsimming, which is why we are here in the first place.