Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

Active Sky - no visability.

When using this nice addon, the visability is allmost zero, regardless of altitude and metar-reports. Is there a way to solve this?John.

Try checking your running the latest version of FSUIPC (v2.91) then double check all your FSUIPC settings. Start FS & clear all weather then start ActiveSky. Hope this helps

Hi John,First report of this, so I am going to guess that you might be flying in an area that has alternative visibility reporting in the METARS and that may be causing the problem.Please send me a screenshot of the main and runtime status screens (from activesky) when you experience this problem and I shall investigate. Thanks! email: portico55@yahoo.com-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

i ve the same problemno visibility at all even is weather is clear in real life

I think I've seen this too.... I think. I'll be flying along, then the weather is updated (you can tell cuz the altimeter changes a wee bit), what happens is the blue sky turns completely grey (during daytime). At night, the black sky will turn grey as well. It's strange, cuz when in spot view, by panning up or down, the color of the sky changes back to normal color. Now, I don't know if this is being caused by Active sky or not, but I can say I've never seen this problem before until recently. Next time it happens, I'll take screen shots, and then turn off Active sky, to see if it truly is an active sky problem...One other thing I've noted. Now this may be normal, but when flying above FL180 and active sky updates the weather, my altimeter sometimes jumps up or down 400 feet or so. Altimeter is set at 29.92. Is this normal? ATC sure hates me for this...But hey, these are minor problems, certainly ones I can live with..I simply love ActiveSky... Thank you :-wave

Guest Frank Betts

Active sky is a very nice addon. I now fly alot more because of the weather changes. Never know what you'll get into now. As for the visibility. I had that happen, turns out though it was low level clouds and I happen to be at an altitude equal to the puffy stuff! :-eek

It sounds like you folks are flying into the clouds. As should be expected, visibility will decrease :)As for altimeter jumps... use FSUIPC's (misc options) baro smoothing to slow down the transitions and this will help.-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I have fond the folowing:When I pass through 6000 ft, the visibility changes (decreasing when below - increasing when above 6000ft), but more strange is, when I occasionally get the zero-visibility as mentioned in the beginning of this thread, either decreasing or increasing the max. unlimited visibility in "optinsdisplay" get things back to normal for a while.Anyway - if I do not change the visibility-settings during flight, the things allways goes back to normal below 6000 ft. Btw. what are the recommended settins in FSUIPC - especially in the visibility- and clouds-sections?John