Sign in to follow this  

Fly to Hawaii INS

Has anyone who owns this package got the INS to follow the programmed flight path? I can program in the waypoints OK, but cannot get the auto pilot to follow the INS. Could some one email me the steps they've followed. I have AETI's classic 747 so I'm not new to these systems.Davedporrett@ozemail.com.au

Hi,Just pull down the upper panel. On the left upper corner, there is a switch which couples the INS with the autopilot. ;-)There is a comprehesive manual for the INS in one of your long haul flightplans in the Fly To Hawaii folder in your C: root folder.Fly safe, :-waveStaffan AhlbergFreeware Flight GroupStockholm/Sweden/ESSA

Staffan

Thanks Staffan,I have the INS battery switch set to nav (blue light on). I have poured over the manuals and as far as I can see I've done what I'm supposed to - I'm sure it's me, but can't figure out what. I'll give it another go now. Thank you

Hi Dave,What are your impressions of this add-on? I've asked a few times and assumed that no-one had it. With the customized ATC, does this disable the AI ATC in FS2002?Thanks,Bruce.

Hi Bruce,I haven't done any serious flying in it as I have been sorting out my INS problems. The dedicated "Approach" flights are interesting. I haven't investigated the "adventures" with ATC too much, but first impressions are that FS ATC isn't active (I could be wrong here). The ATC chatter sounds like it's from real ATC recordings.The visual models are not the best, being distinctly 12 sided (FFG visual models are better). The models look like FSDS models, so none of the GMax bells and whistles.The panel works OK with FFG, but I found I had to make a couple of adjustments to Flaps and Radios in the FFG aircraft.cfg - no major problem.I did work out my INS problem, and it seems to work OK. In summary, it depends on how pedantic one is when considering buying it. I like DC10's, and I like the INS. The panel is not fully functional with many "dummy" gauges. Considering how critical it appears many users are becoming, I'm sure a lot would seriously not like it, but as I said, it does it for me. It would be nice if the developers made it a bit more functional, but I don't know if that will happen.Hope that helps.Dave

Dave: Could you send me the aircraft.cfg files you have modified, please? Or explain me who to do it?By the way, my e mail is: brunof@adelphia.netThank a lot,Best Regards,Bruno Francescoli.Miami, FL.

Thanks, Dave. Much appreciated. Sounds worth trying :) .Bruce.

Hi Bruno,With the FFG aircraft and Fly to Hawaii panel, if found the flaps didn't function correctly and I couldn't change frequency on Nav1.I simply copied the [Radio] and [Flaps.0] section of the "Fly to Hawaii" aircraft.cfg to the FFG one. I don't know how technically correct that was, but things worked OK.Dave

Hi Bruce,No worries. The software is by no means a PIC/PSS or DF. Some may like it, some may hate it.Certainly a "horses for courses" situation.Dave