Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

No offense to AVSIM. but.......

i read and heard about what happened to mike stone..original post:I don't know how long this will last, without getting pulled. But I wanted to try and clear the air.When I asked you to shut down my website, I didn't mean that I was considering going to another flight simming site. Not even an option. When a friend offered to provide me a web site, design the pages, and maintain it for me, I jumped at the chance to relieve myself of some workload so I could concentrate more on my aircraft designs. Especially since some have complained recently that I've been slow to update my site. I didn't think for a second that you would be so put out by it, but I have obviously stepped on some tender toes. For that I apologize. I seem to be getting quite adept at getting people miffed at me lately. Yes I understand and appreciate what you have done for me. But I honestly believe I have done more than my share of supporting Avsim as well. I'm told I should consider the money you pay out for the bandwidth, etc. You may recall that I offered to make a cash contribution to the site some time back, which you refused. And I offered to pay for my web site, which you refused. Given that, along with the number of people on Avsim who take, take, take and give back nothing, I'm at a loss to understand the harshness of your feelings. But of course, that means nothing, since as I've told many Avsim critics in the past, you are the boss. I guess its no different than the people that can't understand why I get miffed at some things. But the last thing I want to do is be where I feel I'm being an annoyance. With a bad heart acting up on me, my company threatening layoffs, etc, etc, I've got enough to deal with, without adding more to the load. So, the best thing for everyone at this point will be for me to just gracefully slip out the back door so I won't bother anyone further. I'm sorry it had to come to this over a little (I thought so anyway) misunderstanding.Regretfully,Mike Stone^^^ ^^^:i want to say that you guys can be quite rude for some reason or another. if you guys are going to be rude to people, we might as well not come to your site anymore, and you can just pack up your website and leave. so many people have be rude in these forums, flightsim.com, and other places, and its rediculous to get mad at what happened with mike stone, big deal, why should you care if he accepted his friends offer? its not like you guys are going to fall apart! i mean jeez! you guys really should apologize to him. he doesnt deserve to be treated like this.I mean look at POSKY! they moving to www.projectopensky.com i didnt see the words AVSIM in there! lemme guess u probably gonna go yell at them cuz they not gonna use ur forum or site........hmmmmmmm.........now theres something to think about, why give Stone the attitude when u dont give POSKY one for moving.people of this forum, please do not reply as i'm sure they will lock this post anyways.good day!

I agree Alex!Well, with this one little part at least:"people of this forum, please do not reply"Take his advice people... Don't feed the troll.Take care,Elrond"A musician without the RIAA, is like a fish without a bicycle."

:) LOL, i wont feed the troll(s)i liked the "last call American 4580"

Guest SoarPics

"We're sorry, ladies and gentleman, American 4580 has been cancelled."