Sign in to follow this  

AI doing spins, loops, and stalls!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes! I purchased Golden Eagle's Tiger Moth package (absolutely outstanding!!!) and was flying an included flight at Barton Field when I noticed two other tiger moths in the air. One did a perfect loop and then proceeded to climb and stall, falling off into a spin! The other was also practicing loops, stalls and spins. They are hard to spot, as they are not "labeled" but they are there and working hard!This is a truly great add on, 26 flights and ten aircraft! I have been playing the darned thing for ten hours straight today (wife's out of town)! Fantastic planes! Bill Lyons just gets better and better! For $12.50 you just can't go wrong....and with activecamera and e-dimensional 3D you are really there!If you don't buy another add-on this month, get this one!

I love Bill Lyons aircraft as they are not only beautiful but ooze character :-)Just out of interest do they really spin? Peter

Yes, they spin. I went into an uncontrolled flat spin at 3000 ft and nearly wipped out. Recovered at about 900 ft. I haven't been able to spin in the default cessnas at all, so there is something a little different about the Tiger Moth airfile. Really a blast to watch the AI students practicing. With 3D glasses and active camera, the sensation is quite exciting. There is such a "real" feel to Bill's planes, and they just get better and better.

Well, spent the day flying the Tiger Moth again. I just can't say enough about this sim...the sensation of real flight is about as close as anything has come. I turned on the smoke (you get two trails) and did loops and spins. In the spin, I switched to exterior (active Camera) and you could see the two trails twisting from the spin. The float versions are great fun also, and handle nicely, but for aerobatics, the wheeled version is just fantastic. The airports included in the package and flights are period accurate and the parked A/C's are also period accurate. There's even a Dragon Rapide at Barton Field. I hope Bill decides to do one of these!I have paid so much more for some add ons and don't even fly them anymore, but this one is getting a lot of hours use, and only $12.50 - geeze!I can't believe that so few have commented on this package. I think they are really missing something worth while, especially if you have a bent toward nostalgia.